NFL season 2019

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tepper commented that he wanted to be upfront with Rivera about it - that several other teams were hunting for coaches behind the current coach's back, and that he didn't want to do that.  It's probably best for both - Panthers get to search earlier, and Rivera gets to start interviewing ahead of the pack of other coaches who are going to be cut.  I suspect he will pick up a HC or DC job pretty quickly.  

It wouldn't surprise me if Newton is still there next year, but spends most of his time on the bench to be brought in sporadically as some sort of option/wildcat offense.  He COULD start next year, but they'd have to make some real moves to build an O-line worth a shit in the off season.  

Seems like Jason Garrett might get fired as well. Unless the Cowboys are able to make a serious playoff run. Probably has to get to the NFC Championship game to keep his job. 

I think Garrett is a done deal, Jerry Jones just doesn't want to do it mid-season.  Maybe they'll end up with Rivera, LOL.

The NFC East is currently such a disaster, that the division leader is 1.5 games back of the 3rd place team in the NFC West.

I flipped back and forth between the Niners / Aints game and the Broncos game- I have to say the Niners / A'ints game looked like a PAC 12 game with zero defense!

22b6a9c6fd055a1da25b673bc0245faf.jpg

This game made me LOL today, especially since the 49’ers and Falcons used to be in the same division a ways back...

22b6a9c6fd055a1da25b673bc0245faf.jpg

This game made me LOL today, especially since the 49’ers and Falcons used to be in the same division a ways back...
I didn't watch much of it, but is sure seemed the Falcons had to battle the refs too. And still won?  What a feat!

Don't get me started. Was the bounty wrong, absolutely. But it was the dirty little secret of the NFL, that many teams did the exact same thing. Commissioner simply decided to make an example of the Saints. But it's fine, break the rule and expect to get punished. (Unless you're Bill Belichick, but that a whole separate conversation.)

Also that was Gregg Williams' program, not Sean Payton's. But yeah, the buck has to stop with the boss, so I get that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back