COME ON CA!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did not require finger printing for April 2015 exam . As I said before, this will delay the process for getting license for many. Will probably hold up the NCEES results for rest of us . All you shit heads holding it up, please go get finger printed .
No. Like I said in my previous post, I called the board this morning and the test results have nothing to do with the finger printing and are not delayed due to the finger printing. The finger printing will affect your license being posted on the boards website but not the notification of whether you passed the exam.

Whoever posted this, please check again your email about finger printing . It should come from CA BPELS . Please post if you have it . If you do not, there is a good possibility you may not have passed . I do not know this for sure though . Anyone else not get e-mail for finger printing ?
Nope, never got an email or physical letter. However, I just realized that when I worked for a government agency, I did have to do the livescan prints and background check to submit to the state.

I just did a live scan for my government job in January and they still required one for the PE.  You have to authorize specific agencies/employers to see the results.  If I'd just known in January to include BPELSG maybe I could have saved some money...

Nope, never got an email or physical letter. However, I just realized that when I worked for a government agency, I did have to do the livescan prints and background check to submit to the state.
Motoracer, may not be a good sign . Usually finger prints and background check required when you get the position. Two questions -- did you already submit finger prints with your application and did you receive any email from BPELS like below on November 16th ? Please check email for this date .

Olden Engineer, You have to go to BPELS website where there is announcement of finger printing requirement. In there, if you click one of the links, will take you to a webpage where you have to download the finger print paper/document. Take this to a UPS store or look up on website which centers near you do this . Tell UPS store agent that you want to do a Live Scan finger print and give them the paper that you downloaded . They have the Live Scan machine and will do the finger printing and send it to the appropriate agencies .
I've already got fingerprint done after getting the email from BPELS on 11/16 telling me to get the fingerprint.  I filed my PE exam app for Oct 2015 exam as soon as it allowed me to file (I think it was April or May), which was before the fingerprint requirement of July 01, 2015.  Therefore, I couldn't have sent in the fingerprint in April/May along with my app. 

I've already got fingerprint done after getting the email from BPELS on 11/16 telling me to get the fingerprint.  I filed my PE exam app for Oct 2015 exam as soon as it allowed me to file (I think it was April or May), which was before the fingerprint requirement of July 01, 2015.  Therefore, I couldn't have sent in the fingerprint in April/May along with my app. 
Yes, this is true for new applicants . There were some posts here about applications asked for finger prints at time of application . My guess is that this applied to     refile applicants. I am sure though that this will be the norm from now on for new applicants for CA PE . It's just that this is a new requirement and we are screwed up this time as with introduction of anything new .

I reviewed my application dozens of times, no fingerprints were required. I was fingerprinted and extorted out of another $74 7 days ago, however.

"... we are screwed up this time as with introduction of anything new . "
Sadly, this is the norm for CA :-(   I hope they don't hold up releasing the PE Exam results and based on some messages up above, I am hopeful that we will get our result sometimes this week. 

Yes, this is true for new applicants . There were some posts here about applications asked for finger prints at time of application . My guess is that this applied to     refile applicants. I am sure though that this will be the norm from now on for new applicants for CA PE . It's just that this is a new requirement and we are screwed up this time as with introduction of anything new .
Coworker of mine just applied for the April 2016 exam and his application did contain the fingerprinting requirements as part of the application checklist. Just unfortunate timing to roll it out after the fact for use October 2015 exam takers. 

Yes, the fingerprint req. was on my refile app so I was able to send my fingerprint form in with my application.  I did not receive any email regarding fingerprints since then.

Yes, the fingerprint req. was on my refile app so I was able to send my fingerprint form in with my application.  I did not receive any email regarding fingerprints since then.
Thats  how mine was as well...fingers crossed we do not need anything else..it was a hassle.

I did the exact same thing.  I also made the the mistake of not considering myself a "new applicant" after I had submitted all materials.  I received an email last month and went for the LiveScan.  Easy fix, really.  I think delaying the submittal of your fingerprints would be the equivalent of the take-home exam portion of the application.  It does not affect your exam results and scoring, but the board will wait until all of your material is submitted to give you your license.

I did the exact same thing.  I also made the the mistake of not considering myself a "new applicant" after I had submitted all materials.  I received an email last month and went for the LiveScan.  Easy fix, really.  I think delaying the submittal of your fingerprints would be the equivalent of the take-home exam portion of the application.  It does not affect your exam results and scoring, but the board will wait until all of your material is submitted to give you your license.
I talked to NCEES rep this morning . They said exam results have been released to the state boards but it is up to the state boards to release to us . They would not tell me if I passed exam . Now what CA is doing with this and why they are sitting on it, is anybody's guess . At this point with the finger printing mess , I would expect the worst .

... It does not affect your exam results and scoring, but the board will wait until all of your material is submitted to give you your license.
That's how I read it too.  By the way, did you send the 2nd copy of your Livescan form BY ITSELF to the address on top of the form?  I wasn't sure whether that's how it worked and whether my mail got to the correct office/individual at CA BPELS. 

I talked to NCEES rep this morning . They said exam results have been released to the state boards but it is up to the state boards to release to us . They would not tell me if I passed exam . Now what CA is doing with this and why they are sitting on it, is anybody's guess . At this point with the finger printing mess , I would expect the worst .
No idea what they are doing.......could they release any sooner...........this is painful 

I read that there is a delay for "verification".  I'm not sure what the process entails or whether it's relevant.  I assume that the main delay is for them to update their database before releasing all of the scores, so they are not barraged with inquires regarding the license lookup on the website.  I've been keeping an eye on the "Last Updated" field on the BPELSG License Lookup page.

That's how I read it too.  By the way, did you send the 2nd copy of your Livescan form BY ITSELF to the address on top of the form?  I wasn't sure whether that's how it worked and whether my mail got to the correct office/individual at CA BPELS. 
I kept a copy for my personal records, in case the UPS store submitted them incorrectly.  I have not looked into making sure that they arrived properly.

I kept a copy for my personal records, in case the UPS store submitted them incorrectly.  I have not looked into making sure that they arrived properly.
This is correct.  The directions stated that you were to retain one copy for your records.

I emailed the BPELS e-mail address listed and Jennifer got back to me saying fingerprinting was received and completed . I suggest you do that too.

Back