COME ON CA!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Cali results come out next week but based on the bloated state agency, I would not count on it . Also CA is one of the few states requiring finger printing which has delayed the whole process . I wonder why we need to get finger printed after PE exam.... I thought finger printing was reserved for druggers and DUI.

I don't think so . I called them and they sounded pessimistic. "Hopefully before Christmas" is what they said . Go figure. I am thinking sometime late next week or just before Christmas.

They will need to update the database. If your finger print did not pass, you may have passed NCEES exam but will not get assigned a number in the database. I doubt if your NCEES exam will show pass ... maybe it will but you will definitely not be in BPELS database. I hope you completed the finger printing and not holding up release of results for rest of us .

The problem started as CA was late to jump in on the finger printing issue (notice sent out after applications submitted) . As a result, I have a feeling lot of people have not done finger printing . If they made this a requirement in application, everyone would have done it (or else they would not have been able to register for exam) . Now the situation really sucks . I am sure lot of people have not done finger printing and waiting on NCEES test results .

All --- if you have not passed finger printing , you will NOT be issued a PE license in CA . Stop holding release of results for rest of us . We are screwed .

Good Luck to all of us here, I do believe results will be released this week. Finger printing is only going to prevent the board from issuing licenses to those that did not turn their finger prints in. 

God Bless and my Prayers to all. 

The problem started as CA was late to jump in on the finger printing issue (notice sent out after applications submitted) . As a result, I have a feeling lot of people have not done finger printing . If they made this a requirement in application, everyone would have done it (or else they would not have been able to register for exam) . Now the situation really sucks . I am sure lot of people have not done finger printing and waiting on NCEES test results .All --- if you have not passed finger printing , you will NOT be issued a PE license in CA . Stop holding release of results for rest of us . We are screwed .
Mwahahahahaha.

No. Way. This. Is. True.

The whole fingerprinting process is somewhat a mess.  I didn't have to get the fingerprint at the time I submitted the application to sit in the PE Exam so I didn't attach the form with it.  The CA board notified me after I took the PE Exam that I needed the fingerprint so OK, I did that, but then it asked me to attach the print form along with the PE Exam application in order to get license.  How am I going to attach the fingerprint form to the PE Exam application now?  Do we just send in the fingerprint form separately while waiting for the result?  I'll try asking the CA Board, but with all the craziness going on with the result I'm not sure that I get the answer quickly. 

per usual...the state of California has dropped the ball....again

they just need to release the results so i can be (somewhat) productive at work again

Good Morning Everyone. I just got off the phone with the Board of Professional Engineers and they indicated that not having your fingerprints does not stop you from receiving your test results. So don't worry. Good luck and God Bless. :thankyou:

Good Morning Everyone. I just got off the phone with the Board of Professional Engineers and they indicated that not having your fingerprints does not stop you from receiving your test results. So don't worry. Good luck and God Bless. :thankyou:
thanks thats huge!!! maybe they will come through then today!

IThe whole fingerprinting process is somewhat a mess.  I didn't have to get the fingerprint at the time I submitted the application to sit in the PE Exam so I didn't attach the form with it.  The CA board notified me after I took the PE Exam that I needed the fingerprint so OK, I did that, but then it asked me to attach the print form along with the PE Exam application in order to get license.  How am I going to attach the fingerprint form to the PE Exam application now?  Do we just send in the fingerprint form separately while waiting for the result?  I'll try asking the CA Board, but with all the craziness going on with the result I'm not sure that I get the answer quickly. 
I had the similar situation. I sent the second copy of live scan form after me completing the exams. It is ok to send it separately because there was not such fingerprint requirement when we applied in early 2015. I recommend you send it with your application ID for the board locate your information quickly.

I had the similar situation. I sent the second copy of live scan form after me completing the exams. It is ok to send it separately because there was not such fingerprint requirement when we applied in early 2015. I recommend you send it with your application ID for the board locate your information quickly.
Can't log in to MyNCEES account obviously~
@ForAiur, thanks for the information.  I assume the application ID you mentioned is the NCEES ID.  I don't remember getting any ID from the CA Board. 

If you receive two letters of application status, you will see your app. ID. But it does not matter if you do not have it because the scan form to be submitted has your name, birthday, and SSN. Not a problem for them to locate you.

So the wait continues... In regards to finger prints,  I can do you one better. I'm out-of-state and of course didn't get the fingerprints email until 3 weeks after I was in state for the exam.  I was given the option of either flying to California for livescans or submit hard copies rolled at my local PD.  Turns out my local PD HAS livescan technology and can securely send my fingerprints to the CA Board, but since I'm out of state the only way I can submit them is via hard-copies...

If you receive two letters of application status, you will see your app. ID. But it does not matter if you do not have it because the scan form to be submitted has your name, birthday, and SSN. Not a problem for them to locate you.
Thanks again, zhwfuture. 

Back