College Football 2014

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up in central PA as a Penn State fan, but can take it.

:D

The real torture this year has been my Mountaineers losing games they shouldn't. Talk about a heart break season, geesh.

Ohio State has to be the unluckiest team on the planet. First they lose their Heisman-worthy backup QB to a nasty broken ankle, and then their D-lineman commits suicide :(

Yeah those are horrible stories they've had to deal with.

Any news on why he killed himself?

This whole college playoff thing is going to be a huge cluster fuck in my opinion. Letting people into the process is always a bad idea. I thought they were going to take the top 4 out of the BCS numbers in the playoffs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohio State has to be the unluckiest team on the planet. First they lose their Heisman-worthy backup QB to a nasty broken ankle, and then their D-lineman commits suicide :(
Geez. And here I was going to start talking smack and all about OSU vs the Badgers in their upcoming game. The smack talk seems to have lost some steam now...

Yeah those are horrible stories they've had to deal with.

Any news on why he killed himself?

This whole college playoff thing is going to be a huge cluster fuck in my opinion. Letting people into the process is always a bad idea. I thought they were going to take the top 4 out of the BCS numbers in the playoffs?
He sent a text message to his mother apologizing for being an "embarassment", and that his concussions (from wrestling, he was a football walk-on this year only) were "f'ing with his head."

It does seem a bit fishy that he did it in a dumpster though, but it's not exactly easy to knock off a guy who is 6'5" 280lbs, either...

The playoff is a huge fustercluck, and will continue to be. Florida State looks terrible against all of their weak, unranked opponents, but is good enough to win, so will end up in the Top 4 even though talent-wise they're probably not even a top 10 team.

KF - I will be very interested in seeing how their backup's backup plays against OSU. I saw him in action against Penn State in last year's blowout win, and he seemed pretty good. He's not fast by any means, but he's HUGE, and is a solid pocket passer. Expect to see a lot of Ezekiel Elliott during that game, though. Sadly, with Barrett out, any chance they had of sneaking into the top 4 is out, as the committee will view it as a big loss.

Oregon has really no business in the playoff. We saw what happened to them a few years ago (Didn't someone hang 50 on them in a "championship game")

I think another thing that is stoopid (I haven't researched this but this is what they said on espn radio this am) The strength of schedule formula takes into account what the teams were ranked at the time they game was played versus how they are "today" or at the end of the season. I like college football but this is just a dumb system they have set up....

I personally want to see Alabama versus OSU in the "final game" even though now that wouldn't be the same matchup with the 3rd QB..

I personally want to see Alabama versus OSU in the "final game" even though now that wouldn't be the same matchup with the 3rd QB..

This is what I had hoped for just so I could crap talk to Supe

What would that crap talk entail? Arguing about how a two loss Alabama team that just lost to OSU in a National Championship Game is still better than a 1 loss OSU because they're in the SEC? ;)

This is what I had hoped for just so I could crap talk to Supe

What would that crap talk entail? Arguing about how a two loss Alabama team that just lost to OSU in a National Championship Game is still better than a 1 loss OSU because they're in the SEC? ;)

No, just arguing for the sake of arguing with you because if when the Buckeye's are winning, they still suck and everyone hates them (this was confirmed on that tv commercial too)

I think when you have Navy,Kent State and Rutgers + the other lackluster teams like Illinois and Minnesota? on your schedule in one season your going to get overlooked... And this year it's fairly obvious if you look at where they are getting ranked...

they did loose to Virginia Tech too...

At least VT had wins over other ranked opponents, despite their suckitude everywhere else. And if we factor in the human vote, that was VERY early during a backup QB and O-line's first few games. Needless to say, they are a different team than they were early in the year.

And now they are starting a third string QB for the B10 title game.

Should be very interesting.

Besides, don't all power schools stack their schedules with 'easy' teams?

When is the last time the SEC or PAC-10 traveled north to play a game?

well.. Alabama went north and played Notre Dame a few years ago (AL 42 ND 14), Auburn went North and played Oregon and won by a few points, LSU & Florida both went "North" to give Ohio State beatdowns back to back..

there really are no teams "north" that really matter very much in the world of college football these days

well.. Alabama went north and played Notre Dame a few years ago (AL 42 ND 14), Auburn went North and played Oregon and won by a few points, LSU & Florida both went "North" to give Ohio State beatdowns back to back..

there really are no teams "north" that really matter very much in the world of college football these days

They played a team from the north, but played the game down south.

Aside from that, a few years back all anyone talked about was the PAC-10. What comes around goes around.

It's all money, and the SEC is making tons of it over the past few years.

Plenty of Buckeye alum in the NFL. They must be something right.

Back