College Football 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OU vs Clemson in a rematch of last years beat down. OU has beaten the 4 of the 5 teams they lost to last season with Clemson being the only remaining one. It should be a fun match up.

I just don't think Clemson is as good a team as everyone thinks.  They had too many close calls this year.  I think it will be OU and Alabama, with a tossup from there.  I'm not sure I see MSU taking down Alabama when Ohio State's F- performance still took them to the final play, and they practically lost to Michigan.  

353f595c11f9d6bea70e163267d04845.jpg

That was there schedule for the season.

Yes, but more of their wins were against ranked teams based on final rankings,,

But I agree the ranking system is flawed, Baylor couldn't carry Florida or George's jockstrap if they had to

Week 1: #20 Wisconsin

Week 2: Unranked MTSU

Week 3: #15 Mississippi

Week 4: Unranked ULM

Week 5: #8 Georgia

Week 6: Unranked Arkansas

Week 7: #9 Texas A&M

Week 8: Unranked Tennessee

Week 9: #2 LSU

Week 10: #17 Mississippi St.

Week 11: Unranked CHSO

Week 12: Unranked Auburn

Week 13: #18 Florida

So 7/12 of their games were against teams ranked at the time, with 3 of them against Top 10 teams.  Three of the teams ranked at the time Alabama played them are still ranked (Ole Miss, LSU, and Florida), and one that wasn't ranked when they played them (Tennessee) is now ranked.  If you're going to troll, at least try to be somewhat accurate.  That list is all shades of wrong.

And as for the final conclusion ("why are they ranked #2"), nobody else in the Top 10 played as many ranked teams as Alabama (at the time rankings or post-season rankings).  And most of them had worse losses than Alabama (OU to Texas, MSU to Nebraska).

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad we won our bowl game "The I-35 Bowl"...Even though it was against a team that was down to their 4th string QB, who, coincidentally, isn't even a QB...

I'm gonna pull for clemson, they have the most fans that actually went to school there....

I didn't go to Alabama, but I'm far from a bandwagon jumper.  My mom, uncle (mom's side) and aunt (dad's side) went to Alabama (main campus) and my dad went to UAH (Huntsville).  My #1 team is Louisville (do have a Master's degree from there) and my backup team is 'Bama due to family affiliation.

Obviously, being an Auburn grad, I am pulling for Clemson. I don't think they have it in them to beat Alabama but I sure am a big Clemson fan right now.

Obviously, being an Auburn grad, I am pulling for Clemson. I don't think they have it in them to beat Alabama but I sure am a big Clemson fan right now.
Why wouldn't you pull for the team in the same state? and in the same conference? You must just really hate Alabama.

will- wasn't implying that, just having lived in GA for so long, you see tons of people that have no actual connection to the school that make up  a lot of their fans, similar to Notre Dame, FSU, etc..

I too think bama is still pissed off from last year and is going to be on a "roll"  But it was kind of sad watching MSU getting pushed around like they did, hopefully it will at least be worth watching!

<<< this!

And hell, I have a Master's from Auburn. But I grew up pulling for Bama, and saw no need to switch fan bases just because I went to Auburn.

will- wasn't implying that, just having lived in GA for so long, you see tons of people that have no actual connection to the school that make up  a lot of their fans, similar to Notre Dame, FSU, etc..

I too think bama is still pissed off from last year and is going to be on a "roll"  But it was kind of sad watching MSU getting pushed around like they did, hopefully it will at least be worth watching!
Yeah, I know...it was more a pre-emptive explanation.  I get called a bandwagon jumper all the time when I pull for Bama.  University of Kentucky fans are like that up here...90+% of them never went to UK, but they are rabid fans.

BTW, to all the SEC haters out there...they have gone 8-2 in bowl games so far this year, and their 2 losses came to Louisville (my favorite team) and Michigan (my BIL's favorite team).  

Latest posts

Back