Civil Surveying Exam- June 2nd to 9th

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my letter in the mail...I passed! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for the mail man!
Board's database says updated July 1st, has anyone who has received the letter, those closer to Sac, checked to see if they are on the database yet?

Just got my letter in the mail...I passed! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for the mail man!
Board's database says updated July 1st, has anyone who has received the letter, those closer to Sac, checked to see if they are on the database yet?
I'm from Sacramento, and received my pass results in the mail on Saturday. I don't see myself in the database yet though, so the license lookup has not yet been updated.

Yes....I'm in Sacramento (only had surveying to pass) and I second Kyokun, database has not been updated yet.

AHH. I wonder if I should swing by my place to check the mailbox in lunch. is that too much? lol.

This waiting is incredible hard. I've should not even come to work. Last December, database was updated at least one day before getting the letters, this time seems like is gonna be just oposite.

It's because the letters were mailed on a Friday. Last time around the result letters were mailed on a Wednesday which gave the board staff a couple business days to get the database updated before the letters arrived. Not the case this time around.

PASSED! All three at once! Thanks to everyone on this board for the help and information.

I received results in Orange County and I passed seismic and surveying. My parents opened my mail for me, and called me to tell me I passed. I made them scan and email me the letter... ha ha...

Good luck, everybody!!

Received results at work. Not too happy. Failed surveying but passed others. Got a deficient in surveying equipment and field activities (15% of test) which was expected, a marginal in engineering surveying and field measurements(11%), proficient in calculations (33%) and a deficient in engineering surveying and procedures (41%). I don't even know what the last category entails specifically. I thought i had covered it in terms of advantages of the different surveying methods, but I guess not...=(. I'm looking at using monsour now. Thoughts?

Was waiting all day long for the mail men, he came, no mail today...... Everybody received their letters? I live central Los Angeles. Wondering why not yet...

Got the letter.. AND :pASSED2: SURVEY!!!!!

FINALLY A PE

DON'T BELIEVE I WAS THIS ESCATIC EVEN GRADUATING FROM COLLEGE.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to all those who took the time to answer and help me with questions on this board. Wouldn’t have been possible, otherwise.

This was my second time when I took just the survey exam. Last one to pass for me. My advice is that PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. and if possible, a course at a community college is probably something very helpful. Someone gave me that advice but i didn't listen to it, thinking i was going to kill the beast by learning myself; it was very hard to learn and visualize some of the survey concepts for me... and in retrospect a class would have helped a lot.

Goodluck to all.

I am from Texas and I recieved my pass letter here in Houston. Feels so good, I am so relieved! It was my second time taking seismic and I used only Hiner's book, nothing else is needed except ASCE 7 maybe. Hiner is the man!

can you guys comment on what you did to study for surveying? Because I used Cuomo, the 120 solved practice problems, and the 2 sample exams. I felt like I had enough time on the exam, but didn't do well on surveying and office procedures (aka the theory behind the techniques). Kind of tough for me since I'm a fluids guy and have never done surveying ever.

I used Surveying (10th Edition) by Moffitt and Bossler. I bought it used on amazon and sold it back on there after I passed. I just read the theory in the book, reviewed the equations and procedures, did not even go through the example problems which were very few actually. I guess I still had it from my 2nd year surveying class in college or I was lucky guessing.

Back