Civil Surveying Exam- June 2nd to 9th

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know result will be out this Friday. With all the effort to pass the test and by god grace if we pass all the parts for PE, how soon we can see our names in the board website license look up? Will i be able to see it on Friday ? Can somebody share from your past experiance?

PEW,

Past experience - I'll never forget.... Friday morning, December 30, 2011 (the day the state mailed out results for Oct '11)...... There I was on the state's look-up! :D Good luck!

Thanks ptatohed :) I hope i will see mine soon...wow you are so quick...do you get a notification when somebody posts? Thanks for the quick response!!!

Thanks ptatohed :) I hope i will see mine soon...wow you are so quick...do you get a notification when somebody posts? Thanks for the quick response!!!
LOL, it was just random. I take a quick look here and there and at lunch (at lunch now). I am signed up for thread notification but they go to my persanal e-mail which I can't check at work. Anyway, you're welcome. And good luck! You passed the 8-hr and are waiting on Seis/Surv?

I only have surveying left. I passed 8hr in April 11 and Seismic in Oct11. I felt good about surveying in October and i did not pass. Now afterall this mess(cancellation and reschdule) ...i feel i did better in October than now... :( . I am just praying....and just hoping for the best.

I wish these two days would fly by. I am going to stay so distracted until I find out; and I guess this starts the urges to keep plugging my name in the database. :brickwall:

The problem with these state exams is that no metter how prepared you are there is a big chance you still fail. I took first in Oct 2011, I was super confident about 8 hours and pretty confident about state exams. I passed 8 hours and seismic. I prepared a lot for Surveying for April 2012, even better for June 2012 and after exam I didn't feel super confident as I was expecting. Time and the unclear content of the problems frustrate you and makes you loose confidentiality. Am in the same boat, just hope for the best that I've done goog enough to pass thit time.

Good Luck to everyone !

It's funny how everyone's brains are wired differently. To me the Survey exam was, by far, the easiest of the 3 exams and pretty intuitive (to me). The 8-hr was medium. The Seismic on the other hand was hard - I was sooo lost. It was a struggle for me. And you guys passed the Seismic easily. I do agree with you that there really isn't any truly representative study material out there for the Survey. For many of the questions on the exam, I thought to myself "I think I know how to do this but I don't recall reading about this or working any problems like this". Good luck guys!

It's really very dependent on what kind of work you do. For me, the surveying exam was downright easy becuase it's the same tasks that transportation engineers perform every day. Seismic, on the other hand, was a different story. Structural guys are more likely to have a handle on this material, although if they dont work on wood structures, it can still be a challenge. I'd say that geotech's and water resources/environmental guys are at a disadvantage on these two exams.

Seismic wasn't easy for me and i don't think anybody will say its easy . But in October i worked hard equally for both seismic and survey and after the exam i felt seismic was tough and i may have to take it again and felt good about survey....but the result came opposite..I passed seismic but not survey. I think survey is easiest compared to both other parts but at the same time its dangerous...as there are more chances of doing mistakes when there is less time.....overall what i feel is no matter how well u prepare...we need to have luck too...Good luck everyone..i wish everybody who worked hard and went through all the cancellation and reschedule process will pass the exam this time!!!

if they release the results on the 29th i wouldnt get the letter till the first

They ran out of packets by the time I got to Prometric on June 9th for my exam...someone sent them a secured PDF and they printed it for me to take a half hour late into my exam. Almost missed it a second time....obsessively clicking the license lookup refresh. Least confident about the Seismic. Any new names/license numbers this morning?

http://www2.dca.ca.g...e_pgm_code=7500

Won't be updated until it says Last Updated: June 29th. I honestly don't believe results will be released today. Last year, it stated on the website results were released on the 28th (I'm assuming that meant results were mailed), but the database wasn't updated until the 30th. Similar trends also exist for previous tests.
very true. the suspense is killing me. It is going to be a very unproductive day for me at work today.

I think the date automatically updates at 8am PT every day. Probably part of their database server cycle.

Back