Civil Surveying Exam- June 2nd to 9th

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably... the last license number is 79627... so i'm assuming whenever 79628 shows up the list is updated.

just called the Board. They haven't mailed the results yet. They expect to mail them out "later" today. If they mail the results today, database will not be updated until maybe Monday or Tuesday. The suspense is debilitating!!!!!

Posted Today, 07:56 AM

Probably... the last license number is 79627... so i'm assuming whenever 79628 shows up the list is updated.

Where/how can I check for the last license number?

Are the results only released by mail? There is not email prompt like we got for NCEES?

As an environmental/water resource engineer, I did not think surveying was that bad. But I do quite a bit of water tunnel, sewer pipe work where stationing, slopes, and other surveying knowledge is needed. I also took a surveying course in school and that was a huge leg up. A lot of it is simply knowing the convention of how distance, elevation, and direction are presented. But it's like a special language that surveyers use, and until you know how to read survey notes, stationing and work in their units/conventions, it is like reading a coded book. I think learning this by yourself from a book is hard. Surveying is about "doing" and I think quite difficult to just learn by reading alone.

The seismic was a nightmare for me. Although I had two structural courses from school and one summer as a structural intern reviewing Canadian seismic cods, the exam contents were way above what I'm familiar with. I have no idea if I passed...

called the Board ten minutes ago; letters are going out today, and they said the database probably wont be updated for a few days. In so-cal we will probably get the letter on monday.

the envelope has fooled me before. LOL. it's cheap thin paper. so got excited, but then disasspointed.

Wonder if they mail out fail letters first then pass letters like they did in the pass. If they do, should we hope not to get anything tomorrow???

passpe, so did you get one pass letter for seismic, and one unpleasant letter (along with diagnostic info) for surveying in the envelope?

So last time it got updated by Friday morning and this time it takes few days?? Then why do they give result date as June 29th. I think instead of mailing the result they should give a fixed date and provide the result online like 8hr exam. This looks frustrating.

To be fair, the release date was given as Wednesday the 28th for the October 2011 exam. The online database wasn't updated until the 30th..=(.

To be fair, the release date was given as Wednesday the 28th for the October 2011 exam. The online database wasn't updated until the 30th..=(.
Are u sure capEngineer ? I remember its 30th. Because i didn't receive my letter until 2nd or 3rd of Rujanuary.

PE_Water...I do recall the 30th also. That is also the day the database updated approximately 650 new licensee. Anybody know if licensees who only needed to pass the 8 hour exam are issued their license first as the results where out a month ago?

Nothing yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling, this weekend is going be a long one

The database was updated on December 30th for the October 2011 exam, but the board stated the results would be mailed out on the 28th:

http://www.pels.ca.g...11results.shtml

not sure what actually happened, however (if results were actually mailed out on the 30th)
Not that it matters too much but it reads Dec 28 as in past tense. I am almost certain that up to the 30th, it had read 30th (and that is when the letters were mailed/data base updated). In fact, I think results are always released on Fridays. Anyway, it looks like the letters were mailed today (Fri 06-29) and the data base will be updated Monday. Best of luck guys.

Just got my letter in the mail...I passed! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for the mail man!

Back