CALIFORNIA - RESULTS April '11

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it will be today, around 1:30pm. Good luck, all.
I thought it said on the 10th but if it said 'by' the 10th, then my bad. I'm gonna so pissed if I didn't pass. I studied so hard and so much! I think I had to make a guess on only about 25% of the problems and I felt good about my answers on the other 75%. I keep checking NCEES like every 30 minutes. It's killing me!

Just spoke to the board......They will release the results ON June 10. not by June 10.....so we can relax for one more week.

Can anyone help shed some light on what requirements are necessary to apply for comity in CA as an electrical PE (power)? I've heard mixed things where some say electricals still need to take the state-specific surveying exam but not the seismic. The FAQ document on the website only makes mention of a take-home written test on California engineering laws and rules as part of the application process. It does mention the state-specific seismic and surveying exams but only for civil engineers applying for comity. Can anyone else provide any insight to this? Thank you in advance.
Yes, you can apply for comity. No problem (as long as you have the education/experience requirements). California does not have a state specific for electrical PE (only for Civil). You still have to do the complete application, but at the top check the box that says comity. You will also have to get references, transcripts, and verification of licesure in your state. The way around this ordeal (if you plan to become licensed in multiple states) is to "Establish a record" with NCEES. They collect refences and verifications only once, and you can have them send them to each state in which you want to apply for comity. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Does anyone know if the civil results will be available on NCEES as soon as CA releases the results? Or will we have to wait another couple days for the mail to arrive? Here's the language from the BPELS website. The first section says that all disciplines will be accessible on NCEES, but the second section says that civil results will be mailed. Thanks for any info and good luck everyone!

National Professional Engineer

Results for the April 2011 National Professional Engineer (PE) (all engineering disciplines) exams are expected to be released by June 10, 2011. All examinees for this examination will be notified by email from NCEES and directed to logon to the NCEES registration system to access the results, and accompanying diagnostic if provided.

State Specific Professional Civil Engineer

Results for the April 2011 state specific exam (Civil Seismic Principles and Civil Engineering Surveying) are expected to be released by June 10, 2011. Results for these exams will be mailed to the examinee’s address of record as provided by the applicant to the Board.

Well I read that closer and now understand. The seismic and surveying results will be mailed out separately. I say "boooo" to that but still good luck everyone.

Here we go California. One more week of waiting. Good luck to everyone, just waiting on the surveying portion. Does any know if they usually mail out the fail letters first it do all the letters go out in the same batch.

Here we go California. One more week of waiting. Good luck to everyone, just waiting on the surveying portion. Does any know if they usually mail out the fail letters first it do all the letters go out in the same batch.
The letters all go out in the same batch.

Can anyone help shed some light on what requirements are necessary to apply for comity in CA as an electrical PE (power)? I've heard mixed things where some say electricals still need to take the state-specific surveying exam but not the seismic. The FAQ document on the website only makes mention of a take-home written test on California engineering laws and rules as part of the application process. It does mention the state-specific seismic and surveying exams but only for civil engineers applying for comity. Can anyone else provide any insight to this? Thank you in advance.
Yes, you can apply for comity. No problem (as long as you have the education/experience requirements). California does not have a state specific for electrical PE (only for Civil). You still have to do the complete application, but at the top check the box that says comity. You will also have to get references, transcripts, and verification of licesure in your state. The way around this ordeal (if you plan to become licensed in multiple states) is to "Establish a record" with NCEES. They collect refences and verifications only once, and you can have them send them to each state in which you want to apply for comity. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks
Thanks for the reply palvarez83. I do have an NCEES record already set up. So that would definitely speed up the process for applying for comity in CA.

Has anyone tried using the license lookup? Don't know if they update it before letter gets to house.

Has anyone tried using the license lookup? Don't know if they update it before letter gets to house.
I've tried it everyday. I don't think they will update it before the results are released. If someone out there took the April '11 exam and has tried and actually found thier name listed please let us know!

Back