CALIFORNIA - RESULTS April '11

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are lucky. Back when I got my license,

:eek:ld-025:

we'd still be waiting until sometime in July just for the results. The certificate? Maybe some time in August.

we'd still be waiting until sometime in July just for the results. The certificate? Maybe some time in August.

Yeah well...

It might have been August bu I bet that you received an 11x17 certificate on heavy duty parchment, replete with calligraphy and an embossed seal. I am sure that it is displayed in an expensive frame.

Yeah well...

It might have been August bu I bet that you received an 11x17 certificate on heavy duty parchment, replete with calligraphy and an embossed seal. I am sure that it is displayed in an expensive frame.
Uh,no. I recieved an 11 x 8.5" computer printed cert just like you. It's not displayed anywhere. Unless in a pile of other certificates at work counts as displayed. And guess what? Back when I got my EIT they didn't send certificates. They just sent these little licenses like my barber has hanging on his wall - and believe it or not, I was not suicidal about it.

The license did put me in a position to qualify for promotion and vastly increase my salary over the last 6 years. Again, unbelievably, this was of much more value to me than an embossed piece of paper.

If people like to display their stuff that's great. I probably would, but I just haven't wanted to part with the money for a decent frame. I think I may have stuck it up in my cubicle with a pin for a while, but it kept falling down so I put it in the pile. I do display a nice teambuilding award I got from work, in the frame it came in. Yes, IRL I do get along with people.

I'm just wondering what the next complaint about the California board will be. I bet it's the fact that they no longer give the little plastic cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah well...

Who cares what the darn thing looks like? I have my 3 university diplomas (all with Arnold Schwarzenegger's signature) and my 2 PE certifcates each in a $5.00 frame; and they are all 8.5 x 11. My coworker has his up with thumb tacks. They still command respect! However, imho, they are just a piece of paper the represents what you learned to achieve your license, degree, ect. The real achievement (the one that counts) is how you use your knowlege to better perform you job.

I think it is important to display your diplomas and certifications in nice frames, the current PE is pretty cheap looking but with a nice frame and a border it will look fine. Office or cube it lets people know you care about what you have accomplished.

My coworker has his up with thumb tacks.

is that the quality of all his work or just pick and choose when to be sloppy?????

I think it is important to display your diplomas and certifications in nice frames, the current PE is pretty cheap looking but with a nice frame and a border it will look fine. Office or cube it lets people know you care about what you have accomplished.
My coworker has his up with thumb tacks.

is that the quality of all his work or just pick and choose when to be sloppy?????
An earlier post discussing wallet cards removed by a mod..(I hope that it wasn't you Harold).

I am really impressed with my PE certificates and I like to display them in nice frames. A high end frame from Hobby Lobby did the trick for me this time.

Part of this may be cultural.

In FL, we are required to display proof of licensure at our place of employment. This could be anything from a framed PE certificate to a wallet card sharing space with family photos in an old picture frame. Having the certificate under a pile of other papers is definitely out of spec.

Back