CALIFORNIA - RESULTS April '11

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone heard anything about the state specific engineering survey? Any guesses on when we will get the results?

Is CA the only state that has the additional state specific exams for PE license?

Is anyone in this board even waiting on results from California? Seems like every other state except CA has some response.

I am waiting on the Seismic results, last time they were in my mailbox the day after the board mailed them out so hopefully they are out soon.

Much harder knowing the CA Board is just sitting on the results from NCEES....

I think CA will release (8hr) results next week. Doesn't keep me from refreshing all day today and tomorrow, tho.

Historically, last April 2010, it seems NCEES released results June 1, and CA didn't send letters until July 13.

In January, it took CA 1.5 weeks after most states to see the results on NCEES.

So, 1 more week? 6 more weeks?

Okay CA. Lets not be the last state to release the results. I am starting to Freak Out over here.

Can anyone help shed some light on what requirements are necessary to apply for comity in CA as an electrical PE (power)? I've heard mixed things where some say electricals still need to take the state-specific surveying exam but not the seismic. The FAQ document on the website only makes mention of a take-home written test on California engineering laws and rules as part of the application process. It does mention the state-specific seismic and surveying exams but only for civil engineers applying for comity. Can anyone else provide any insight to this? Thank you in advance.

Can anyone help shed some light on what requirements are necessary to apply for comity in CA as an electrical PE (power)? I've heard mixed things where some say electricals still need to take the state-specific surveying exam but not the seismic. The FAQ document on the website only makes mention of a take-home written test on California engineering laws and rules as part of the application process. It does mention the state-specific seismic and surveying exams but only for civil engineers applying for comity. Can anyone else provide any insight to this? Thank you in advance.
bump

Do we know when to expect NCEES to release the results for CA? I have not tried to call the Board. I am going to try before i leave from work. Has anybody got in touch with them?

Do we know when to expect NCEES to release the results for CA? I have not tried to call the Board. I am going to try before i leave from work. Has anybody got in touch with them?
Yep, called them this afternoon and they said June 10th. Told the lady the other states have posted their results and what was the explanation for the delay. Got the typical answer on how they have so many letters to print out. Then I told her that many are waiting for the NCEES notification email, not the snail mail letter. Didn't seem to change the June 10th answer.

Starting to understand why many in the public are frustrated with government inefficiency. If they have so many to grade, despite the board meeting minutes indicating they have fewer applicants now, why can't they outsource the work?

Yep, called them this afternoon and they said June 10th. Told the lady the other states have posted their results and what was the explanation for the delay. Got the typical answer on how they have so many letters to print out. Then I told her that many are waiting for the NCEES notification email, not the snail mail letter. Didn't seem to change the June 10th answer.

Starting to understand why many in the public are frustrated with government inefficiency. If they have so many to grade, despite the board meeting minutes indicating they have fewer applicants now, why can't they outsource the work?

http://www.ncees.org/About_NCEES/News/News...eying_exams.php

They have outsourced the ca specific tests to NCEES.....so starting with the Oct test they should be able to release the results all through NCEES online and provide a quicker turn around.

http://www.ncees.org/About_NCEES/News/News...eying_exams.php

They have outsourced the ca specific tests to NCEES.....so starting with the Oct test they should be able to release the results all through NCEES online and provide a quicker turn around.
Hopefully we won't need the quicker turnaround and we will have passed this go-around. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I am dying over here! I check my 'MY NCEES' several times a day. Sometimes even keep the screen open and do a refresh from time to time. But, realistically, I know CA is always a week or two behind the earliest states (due to the Seismic and Surveying, I suppose). But, the good news is the NCEES has released their results to the states relatively early this cycle so our 1-2 week wait has already begun. I bet we'll see results by the end of next week, tops. Good luck everyone!

Back