California Release Date

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$#*+!!!

#&@%

MOTHER-^$@&($!!!!!!

:smileyballs: :waitwall: :bawling: :eek:ldman: :brickwall: :whipping: :suicide1: :hung-037: :poop: :suicide:

This is so retarded! Go ahead and delay it for another week...no one cares. 33.18% for electrical...holy crap! I really hope I am one of the "chosen" 72.

You'll see the new mailing date of today at the end of the day. The same thing happened for the October 2006 exam. Believe it or not, we'll get our results by the end of this week.
They just like to torture us, don't they ?

After reading that, I said "F-that, I'm calling even though they say not to". So i called 1-866-780-5370 and randomly dialed numbers to get a human , what a bunch of bullsh*t. The person i spoke to spun me a line about how NCEES grades california's tests last, because we are the largest state. They said that we should complain to NCEES, to which i replied, "I didn't write a check to NCEES, I wrote the check to the state of California. And by my estimates, test takers have paid over 2.4 million to the state for this session alone. So the state should make NCEES speed up the process" I asked her, to whom should I complain at the board, she gave me this name

Cindi Christenson, P.E.

Executive Officer of the Board

2535 CAPITOL OAKS DR STE 300

SACRAMENTO, CA

I think her email should be: [email protected] based on the other email address at the site.

I usually work under the principle that, if you don't let them know they are doing bad, they will continue to do bad. By no means do i think they letters should be rude, or threating; but i do think we should let them know we are displeased with the service they are providing to use. and that they need to get their sub-contractor (NCEES) undercontrol.

Edit: Now that I think about it, $ 2.4 Million seems a bit high. I was crunching the numbers as i was talking on the phone to the Board Crony.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so retarded! Go ahead and delay it for another week...no one cares. 33.18% for electrical...holy crap! I really hope I am one of the "chosen" 72.
If this is your first time taking it your chances of passing it are a lot better that 33.18%, assuming you studied. They are probably more like 65%.

The total pass rate is this low because people go in multiple times winging the exam. There are always about twice as many repeat takers as first time takers, and their percentages are a lot lower.

Even if you are a repeat taker, if you studied you have a better than 30% chance. A lot of people don't study at all.

Of course, anybody can fail - you only need to miss it by a point.

Good luck.

After reading that, I said "F-that, I'm calling even though they say not to". So i called 1-866-780-5370 and randomly dialed numbers to get a human , what a bunch of bullsh*t. The person i spoke to spun me a line about how NCEES grades california's tests last, because we are the largest state. They said that we should complain to NCEES, to which i replied, "I didn't write a check to NCEES, I wrote the check to the state of California. And by my estimates, test takers have paid over 2.4 million to the state for this session alone. So the state should make NCEES speed up the process" I asked her, to whom should I complain at the board, she gave me this name
Cindi Christenson, P.E.

Executive Officer of the Board

2535 CAPITOL OAKS DR STE 300

SACRAMENTO, CA

I think her email should be: [email protected] based on the other email address at the site.

I usually work under the principle that, if you don't let them know they are doing bad, they will continue to do bad. By no means do i think they letters should be rude, or threating; but i do think we should let them know we are displeased with the service they are providing to use. and that they need to get their sub-contractor (NCEES) undercontrol.
Even if what they told you is true about NCEES, they obviously have the graded tests, because they voted on them at the meeting. They must have gottne them before the meeting, and they could have done some prep for mailing after the vote. They could have hired more people for this particualr time, or worked over the weekend. THey are so far behind everyone else it is ridiculous. If they wanted to speed it up, they could.

That said, peoiple have been complaining for years, and they don't show any signs of changing. But good luck.

If you think you may have failed, hope they don't screw up your address! Because the refile date is Aug 24, and you aren't supossed to call to ask them to resend results until Aug 13th..

And yes, they screwed up my address for the oct exam. Funny, because all the paperwork BEFORE the exam made it to me just fine. I actually had to call and refile before I received my results.

Turns out I passed, but I would've probably been doomed on a re-take because I was procrastinating on studying until I got the letter. Seems like a silly thing to complain about, but I also started re-taking the "the other board" class and "wasted" three saturdays thinking I had failed...

Even if what they told you is true about NCEES, they obviously have the graded tests, because they voted on them at the meeting. They must have gottne them before the meeting, and they could have done some prep for mailing after the vote. They could have hired more people for this particualr time, or worked over the weekend. THey are so far behind everyone else it is ridiculous. If they wanted to speed it up, they could.
That said, peoiple have been complaining for years, and they don't show any signs of changing. But good luck.

You would think so... But the lady i talked to said she hand f-ing stuffing the letters. I sh*t you not, hand f-ing stuffing thousands of letters. What are we in the stone age. At the little water agency i work for, we own a letter stuffer that does 3000 per hour. I declare shenanigans on the board.

We gave them over $2.4 million in fees and they hand stuff envelopes.

Edit: Now that I think about it, $ 2.4 Million seems a bit high. I was crunching the numbers as i was talking on the phone to the Board Crony.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is your first time taking it your chances of passing it are a lot better that 33.18%, assuming you studied. They are probably more like 65%.
The total pass rate is this low because people go in multiple times winging the exam. There are always about twice as many repeat takers as first time takers, and their percentages are a lot lower.

Even if you are a repeat taker, if you studied you have a better than 30% chance. A lot of people don't study at all.

Of course, anybody can fail - you only need to miss it by a point.

Good luck.

It was my first time taking it. I felt the morning section went really well; it's the afternoon section that kicked my ass. I studied everyday for 2 and a half months prior to the exam...hopefully it pays off.

You'll see the new mailing date of today at the end of the day. The same thing happened for the October 2006 exam. Believe it or not, we'll get our results by the end of this week.
This is now of the front page of their site.

UPDATED 7/30/07 - INFORMATION REGARDING THE RELEASE OF THE APRIL 2007 EXAMINATION RESULTS

The Board adopted the cutscores for the April 2007 examinations at its July 26, 2007, meeting. It is anticipated that all of the results, except for the Professional Land Surveyor results, will be mailed on August 3, 2007. The Professional Land Surveyor results will be mailed by the end of August.

What happened last year was that the mailing date was changed back to Monday's date after a day or two. But I don't remember exactly. Let's check back at 10:00 am today and see if there is any change. Also, I am wondering anyone in Sacremento area got his letter.

OMG, my heart was just racing. :eek:hmy:

The database was updated but no new PEs yet.

I don't know why I'm even checking.... :rolleyes:

I don't know why I'm even checking.... :rolleyes:
Because you want your results !!!! :eek:ldman: I can't say that I blame you .. this would be me ---> :please:

Good luck everyone in CA !!!!! The wait is almost over !!! :D

JR

Back