Black Friday 2019

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a gaming laptop too!  But I don't use it for gaming...And it's too big for my normal sized hands.  So I actually ended up using my netbook more often, tbh, which is sad.
I think the only dangerous part about gaming laptops is I played Skyrim during class way too much and the Pokémon red on an emulator with literally my whole dorm floor freshman year. 

I don't game on PC. I just want to have something powerful enough to not slow me down when I want to work from home! 

But didn't you buy the protection plan?

Never! My cc extends the warranty 1 year! 
qo5tXCa.jpg

Thinking about just taking a pass on Christmas this year. It’s all just so dumb....

I got the decorations out of storage yesterday, and then played video games while the wife and daughter screamed at each other downstairs whilst decorating, LOL.

Thankfully we're staying home and having no guests, although the Kraks are coming for a visit in two weeks.

I was not impressed by the Black Friday deals this year.  I'm going to order some gym shoes tonight and see if I can find a dirt cheap laptop just to run my fuel injection software for the race car.

i got a laptop, a phone, sneakers and tupperware LOL

We ended up stopping at Dunham's around 11 PM on thanksgiving.  I bought a pop up tent blind, an electric smoker and a gun cabinet.  Used the blind to get a deer in my back yard Friday, stored the gun in the cabinet and will hopefully be smoking some jerky from it in the smoker in a week or so.  So I'd say that was a good haul.

We also went to Meijer on Thanksgiving morning and bought eight 35-lb pails of cat litter for $10/each, and then Blain's on Satuday and got two bags of dog food and a bag of cat food for about 40% off.  How exciting.

My wife made an order at 1 am Thursday for a new fitbit and a Christmas tree.

All in all we didn't go too crazy this year.  Seems like the deals weren't that great.  Though I did go to Meijer this morning for toys 20% off plus $10 off $50 in Legos.  Now my niece is getting a nice Harry Potter Lego set this year.

Cyber Monday working out better for me than Black Friday.

Reebok Nano 9's and some new shorts 50% off with free shipping (Reebok Website), and I found an Acer Aspire 3 15" laptop (I'm not an Acer fan, but this is just too cheap to pass up) with a real processor (not a mobile processor) and real Windows 10 (not the "S" bullshit) for $219, more than 50% off, to serve as my racecar laptop.  For under $300, I can bump that up to 12gb RAM and an SSD if it's too slow for me.  Bought that one off the Staples website, also with free shipping.

Latest posts

Back