Black Friday 2019

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay.  Couldn't get the vacuum at the first place, and since I'm not here the rest of the weekend (wedding) the 4-day sale doesn't help.  Maybe I'll go out on Thanksgiving, since I'm not doing anything/will prob use it as a day of napping/maybe I'll hit the gym in the morning.  Friday I am working, but I could check out to see if there are any sales still around after work.  If I care that much.

I might just swing by Walmart and grab a 3-in-1 mini/baby vac.  Tbh, that's prob all I need.
what's the one you're looking at from walmart?

what's the one you're looking at from walmart?
Prob something like this:  https://www.walmart.com/ip/BISSELL-3-in-1-Lightweight-Corded-Stick-Vacuum/55566580

Real simple.  I don't have any pets/children and I only have hardwood flooring w/ one carpet in the living room and a carpeted bedroom.  Not really that much to clean, tbh, but I'm tired of using the little non-powered/dual brush push vacuum that came with the apartment (I feel like it doesn't really clean that well, since the carpeting is actually semi-plush).  I've been checking facebook and the vacuums that are there are the really big/bulky vacuums which I really don't want to lug up three-flights of stairs.

Prob something like this:  https://www.walmart.com/ip/BISSELL-3-in-1-Lightweight-Corded-Stick-Vacuum/55566580

Real simple.  I don't have any pets/children and I only have hardwood flooring w/ one carpet in the living room and a carpeted bedroom.  Not really that much to clean, tbh, but I'm tired of using the little non-powered/dual brush push vacuum that came with the apartment (I feel like it doesn't really clean that well, since the carpeting is actually semi-plush).  I've been checking facebook and the vacuums that are there are the really big/bulky vacuums which I really don't want to lug up three-flights of stairs.
I was just making sure it wasn't this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dirt-Devil-SimpliStik-Lightweight-Corded-Bagless-Stick-Vacuum-SD20000RED/14321020

I have one - my gram's solution to me not being able to use my kenmore vacuum on my stairs (it's toooo big for it). but the dirl devil isn't that great tbh - yeah it's light but it doesn't pick things up too well. It isn't powerful enough. 

Def want the purple Bissel tho

I was just making sure it wasn't this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dirt-Devil-SimpliStik-Lightweight-Corded-Bagless-Stick-Vacuum-SD20000RED/14321020

I have one - my gram's solution to me not being able to use my kenmore vacuum on my stairs (it's toooo big for it). but the dirl devil isn't that great tbh - yeah it's light but it doesn't pick things up too well. It isn't powerful enough. 

Def want the purple Bissel tho
Oh yeah, I know not to get that one (I think my parent's have one, just to do cat litter, and that seems to be all it's good for).  I think Dirt Devil is better for the mid-size/just starting to get bigger capacity vacuums.  Sharks are amaaaaazing, but I don't feel like buying one just for a single carpet area.  A ton of reviews are really positive for that Bissel model, so I'm hoping I can grab one before all the Black Friday shenanigans.  

Oh yeah, I know not to get that one (I think my parent's have one, just to do cat litter, and that seems to be all it's good for).  I think Dirt Devil is better for the mid-size/just starting to get bigger capacity vacuums.  Sharks are amaaaaazing, but I don't feel like buying one just for a single carpet area.  A ton of reviews are really positive for that Bissel model, so I'm hoping I can grab one before all the Black Friday shenanigans.  
There are a lot of good deals for vaccummns on Black Friday. I am eyeing a shark myself (84 bucks at both Walmart and target) and a shark steam mop. But I have a doggo who likes to track mud in lol 

I kind of feel like we need to shut this massive //content.invisioncic.com/r86644/emoticons/default_unitedstates.gif shopping day thread down if your just going to talk about vacuum cleaners?

Moar vacuum talk:  I got tired of waiting/trying to figure out cordless vs. corded.  Since I have a small apartment, I just took the leap and grabbed the cheap 3-in-1 Bissell I saw at Walmart and grabbed a car inverter so I can use the smaller handheld in my car when I need to vacuum (because out here...car washes don't include interior vacuuming/washing of mats?).  Less than $35 and it'll be ready for pickup at the Walmart in a few hours.

Now I need to figure out what I want for Black Friday.  Maybe socks?

Buy a Dyson and you'll never have to buy another vacuum ever again.

Buy a Dyson and you'll never have to buy another vacuum ever again.
I have one carpet and my car to vacuum.  Everything else I broom and/or mop, which is fine.  Dyson...I heard is kinda like the Apple of vacuums.  They used to be really good, an dhave a large consumer base, but that recently they've been coasting and are ultra-expensive for what they do and that the "Samsung" vacuums (like the Shark) do just as good a job for a lower price point.  Maybe when I move into my own house I'll get an 'adult' vacuum.  Tbh, I wish I could have brought my old-old-old vacuum cleaner with me that uses bags.  Thing was a beast and loud, but it cleaned EVERYTHING without fail.  But it takes up a huge amount of space and it wasn't worth it to transport across state lines to be lugged up 3-flights of stairs.  Thing was heavy.

I hate shopping in actual stores on Black Friday. This year we have friends visiting over the Thanksgiving weekend who live in BFE. So now we are basically committed to either going Black Friday shopping with them, or just giving them our cars and hoping for the best. My plan is to split up and take the visiting husband, kid, and my kid to Chuck E Jesus and let my wife suffer the crowds with the visiting wife.  Lol.
I’m with you on this.  I’d rather be stuck in rush hour traffic than shopping on BF.  I’d rather hang out with my MIL and watch the Weather Channel.  

I’m with you on this.  I’d rather be stuck in rush hour traffic than shopping on BF.  I’d rather hang out with my MIL and watch the Weather Channel.  
The Weather Channel is very educational and my mom likes the one guy.  She thinks he's very competent (which is mom speak for she'd like to climb him like a tree).

I *might* stop at Aldi's on BF because both my gram and aunt want gift cards for Xmas and we don't have Aldi in Maine. There is one kind of on the way back. It depends on the time we leave and how Boyfriend, Best Friend, and pupperoni feel after hanging out with my family (plus Best Friend has 2 geriatric cats she has to give meds to)

Back