Black Friday 2019

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was curious if anyone else here is like me and crazy about deals. Anyone planning in partaking in the festivities on Thursday or Friday? What are your feelings on this years ads so far? I personally think they have been Meh at best. Have seen better deals throughout the year than now. Waiting for the menards one though cause it’s always underrated but one of the best stores! 
I LOVE MENARDS

I used to have a crew of my mom, her best friend, me and her best friend's daughters and we would compare lists thursday night and divide and conquer at stores on friday morning. I no longer live there and my parents visit me for thanksgiving and therefore black friday. now we shop online. 

but menards was my FAVORITE

the summer sausagessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I used to have a crew of my mom, her best friend, me and her best friend's daughters and we would compare lists thursday night and divide and conquer at stores on friday morning. I no longer live there and my parents visit me for thanksgiving and therefore black friday. now we shop online. 

but menards was my FAVORITE

the summer sausagessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Yes, of course, the summer sausage is adjacent to Menards. 

Menards is like the Walmart of home improvement stores.  A big chain here in the Midwest.

We went to Menards Black Friday morning two years ago.  Barely could get a parking spot (and it has a HUGE parking lot) and the line to check out literally wrapped all the way around the store.  They had good deals, but I wasn't going to wait hours to check out.  We went back later in the day and most of the stuff I wanted was gone.

So, probably won't be going back to Menards on black friday again.

Was curious if anyone else here is like me and crazy about deals. Anyone planning in partaking in the festivities on Thursday or Friday? What are your feelings on this years ads so far? I personally think they have been Meh at best. Have seen better deals throughout the year than now. Waiting for the menards one though cause it’s always underrated but one of the best stores! 
Hopefully Menards is out this weekend.

^^ It's even funnier if you google the old school commercials. That dude that they had on there was.... interesting.

19649_93587_977_ray_szmanda_memoriam.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We went to Menards Black Friday morning two years ago.  Barely could get a parking spot (and it has a HUGE parking lot) and the line to check out literally wrapped all the way around the store.  They had good deals, but I wasn't going to wait hours to check out.  We went back later in the day and most of the stuff I wanted was gone.

We wait in the car until they are about open, then once inside, put 1 person in line, and the rest shop, sitching off from time to time.  Also, since there are typically no carts left, and they are a pain in the ass anyway, we use rolling garbage cans or giant ikea tote bags to carry all of the stuff. We have been known to be in and out of Menards within an hour. 

^this. 

min 2 people per store. one is the gatherer. one is the waiter. if you're not waiting to push a cart thru aisles it is easier for you to get through and grab ALL THE DEALS

Literally 15 years ago we were trying to get the Nintendo CUBE at 5 AM(this was before the stores opened on Thursday nights) they were impossible to find - we had a team at the wal mart to get one- they were no where to be found - my brother in law (the good one) found several that we assumed the employees had stashed for themselves in the automotive section (behind the tire display) we just took one and got the hell out of there...

We still have it for when a little Zelda - Ocarina of Time strikes our fancy

I hate shopping in actual stores on Black Friday. This year we have friends visiting over the Thanksgiving weekend who live in BFE. So now we are basically committed to either going Black Friday shopping with them, or just giving them our cars and hoping for the best. My plan is to split up and take the visiting husband, kid, and my kid to Chuck E Jesus and let my wife suffer the crowds with the visiting wife.  Lol.

you have to get in line EARLY! sounds crazy but those who know, know. My sister basically got beat up with shopping carts for tupperware trying to walk through the aisle lol 

We wait in the car until they are about open, then once inside, put 1 person in line, and the rest shop, sitching off from time to time.  Also, since there are typically no carts left, and they are a pain in the ass anyway, we use rolling garbage cans or giant ikea tote bags to carry all of the stuff. We have been known to be in and out of Menards within an hour. 
As my uncle says, black friday 101 the pros do not use carts, carts only slow you down. 

Okay.  Couldn't get the vacuum at the first place, and since I'm not here the rest of the weekend (wedding) the 4-day sale doesn't help.  Maybe I'll go out on Thanksgiving, since I'm not doing anything/will prob use it as a day of napping/maybe I'll hit the gym in the morning.  Friday I am working, but I could check out to see if there are any sales still around after work.  If I care that much.

I might just swing by Walmart and grab a 3-in-1 mini/baby vac.  Tbh, that's prob all I need.

Back