Basement 2.0

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking nice!  Yeah, that "sloppy" tile work will all be under the toilet base anyway. She won't be able to see it.

<cough> bullshit <cough>
Just go heavy on the caulk!

It should be fairly level with the grout. If she had gone with the normal 12 X 12 floor tile then it would be so choppy..

I think this is going to be my Al Bundy bathroom... But with 5 adults in the house all getting up at the same time an extra bathroom  / shower is going to be pretty handy!

I think this is going to be my Al Bundy bathroom... But with 5 adults in the house all getting up at the same time an extra bathroom  / shower is going to be pretty handy!
You should install a lock on it and keep the key with you at all times. :thumbs:

It should be fairly level with the grout. If she had gone with the normal 12 X 12 floor tile then it would be so choppy..

until it's occupied by visiting parents/in-laws.
default_cool.png

I can leave the in laws the bucket I am currently peeing in when working on the basement (that gets thrown out the window) ;)   don't want them to get too comfortable..

- question:  The tile goes up to 1/4 " away from the shower pan, I cant decide if I should just grout that normally are try and caulk it in case there is some movement over time?  the shower pan is solid but it is designed to "give a little" when you stand on it.  My last basement bathroom was a tub shower which was more rigid and I think I grouted it?

So I didn't get to spend much time on this due to being a little sick over the weekend, but I wandered around the plumbing section of Home depot yesterday and I can't seem to make these connections work? I've got a 1 1/4" drain pipe going to the rough in schedule 40?  I know there is some combinations of reducers but I sure as shit couldn't seem to find it last night? Seemed like there is a set up to tie in a kitchen sink (1 1/2" drain pipe) to the Schedule 40 one but I cant seem to find that same set up for a 1 1/4"?
vanity.JPG

its 2" (outside)  I found a bushing that will reduce it to accept a 1 1/2" but I cant seem to find a reducer that goes from 1.25 to 1.5 (I found one that goes from 1.5 to 1.25 though) - will head to a plumbing supply store at lunch and try and get some help.. the plumbing section on a sunday at the big box stores is always a wreck!

I suspect you'll have to order one or splice in a short section, since most rough in drains are 1.5".

I think so, I didn't think about going to the regular PVC section and getting a reducer that I could glue in?

Once you have the glue, it'll last a long time and you'll use it on other projects.

Since it's low pressure, I wouldn't bother buying the cleaner for it. 

I assume that you would just use the compression fitting on the ABS pipe and just glue the PVC pipe into the fitting. I may have gotten that turned around but they should make  a part for that other way as well.

Looking good! The marble shower tile looks awesome. Contrasts nicely with the dark floor tile too. 

Obviously I didn't pick out any tile colors, or that horrible yellow paint color - mainly we had some of that paint left over and just didn't want to buy any more..

got the plumbing connections figured out. even though I am a Home Depot stock holder, its so much easier to find what you need at a straight up plumbing supply store. They had a contraption that basically was a 2" to 1.25 " reducer and trap all in one piece (so easy a caveman could do it!)

And the virgin marry herself stopped by last night to take a dump in the new toilet!

For whatever reason the guy who did the plumbing rough in made the water supply line to the toilet from the hot water line?  That makes absolutely no F'n sense to me.  Guess I should have checked that a little closer before they disappeared...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back