--~~ Ask A Female Engineer Anything ~~--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to cut the eggs in half, and use them as bows for my soda can boats.

You could make four boats from one container. I think there were still a few of the boats (with copious BB holes) left when my dad tore down the chicken house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well ladies, I discovered something new. I took FMJR with me to an outlet mall yesterday. After going through a few stores, she wanted to stop at the L'eggs, Haines, Bali, Playtex store - apparently this store was set-up for women's undergarments. This time I entered without intrepidation!! :D
Well, it turns out that FMJR was having issues with her existing undergarments - they had reached the end of their service life. She looked around a bit, but eventually said, okay, let's go. Now .. yes, I tend to be dense ... but I figured there is something I am missing, so I asked. After some prying, she told me about the undergarment dilemma (spelled correctly) but didn't want to "spend that much money" on undergarments. I guess she was a bit sheepish spending 'my' money on her undergarments.

I got a pretty good laugh ... and I told her to buy what she thought was necessary. When she came up with her number ... I multiplied by two since I figured she was fudging. That made her happy. :D

JR
You'd assume outlet = entire store clearance and cheap, but those undergarmet outlet stores are not cheap, unless you go on a holiday weekend when they are running super sales, the prices are really only about 10-20% less than a department store. Or if you can find your size on the clearance rack.

You'd assume outlet = entire store clearance and cheap, but those undergarmet outlet stores are not cheap, unless you go on a holiday weekend when they are running super sales, the prices are really only about 10-20% less than a department store. Or if you can find your size on the clearance rack.

You know, most of the outlet stores I've been to in the past few years (I'd say at least 4-5 different outlets), the prices were EXACTLY the same as the department stores unless it was the toss-in-a-bin clearance stuff.

I had a HORRIBLE dream last night that I had to start wearing dressy business clothes to work again, with pantyhose! That would be horrible.

You'd assume outlet = entire store clearance and cheap, but those undergarmet outlet stores are not cheap, unless you go on a holiday weekend when they are running super sales, the prices are really only about 10-20% less than a department store.
It was interesting ... we looked at several things during the visit. The only things that were *REALLY* on decent discount were at the Columbia Store - a very nice sale 30% - 70% off. I was disappointed that the parkas weren't marked down very much, so I took a pass.

Undergarments were decent - $15.00 if you bought them in threes.

Or if you can find your size on the clearance rack.
The problem was that FMJR is a bit .. shall we say endowed. I never realized just how much until I purchased undergarments for her.

You know, most of the outlet stores I've been to in the past few years (I'd say at least 4-5 different outlets), the prices were EXACTLY the same as the department stores unless it was the toss-in-a-bin clearance stuff.
That was very true for most of the shops we entered. In fact, we went into the Bose shop because we are interested in a speaker-system to run our iPods from - same model, same price. Very disappointing to say the least.

I had a HORRIBLE dream last night that I had to start wearing dressy business clothes to work again, with pantyhose! That would be horrible.
Is it that horrible? I am just asking ...

JR

Please, read up on Bose sound and quality before even remotely thinking about buying anything from them. As a relatively hardcore audiophile (I've been building my own speakers and subwoofers since I was 15), I cringe when I even hear that brand name. They are 100% marketing, and about 1000% overpriced.

Please, read up on Bose sound and quality before even remotely thinking about buying anything from them. As a relatively hardcore audiophile (I've been building my own speakers and subwoofers since I was 15), I cringe when I even hear that brand name. They are 100% marketing, and about 1000% overpriced.
This.

The problem was that FMJR is a bit .. shall we say endowed. I never realized just how much until I purchased undergarments for her.
Full figure is the horrible term applied to those who have been generously blessed. Its hard finding cute full figure stuff, regardless of where you are looking. They do look strange on a hanger though, I'll give you that.

Full figure is the horrible term applied to those who have been generously blessed. Its hard finding cute full figure stuff, regardless of where you are looking. They do look strange on a hanger though, I'll give you that.
On the flip side, what is the point of a bra if the wearer is smaller than an A cup (especially if the wearer has no intention of trying to enlarge the contents)? Just curious...

On the flip side, what is the point of a bra if the wearer is smaller than an A cup (especially if the wearer has no intention of trying to enlarge the contents)? Just curious...
to cover/prevent nippleage?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ but why the $5 bra when the same effect could be made with a 3-pack of Hanes tank-tops for $5 at walmart?

My wife refuses to answer this question. She simply says, "you just don't understand." It must be like my signature...

^^^ but why the $5 bra when the same effect could be made with a 3-pack of Hanes tank-tops for $5 at walmart?
My wife refuses to answer this question. She simply says, "you just don't understand." It must be like my signature...
The hanes tank tops would be the route Id go if I were in that situation, but maybe its more of a pychological thing that women wear bras, little girls wear the trainers or tank tops.

I would love to wear just tank tops (and do sometimes), but they do not prevent the 'nippleage'.

Back