--~~ Ask A Female Engineer Anything ~~--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only nagging I've faced from my better half is along the lines of "Why isn't the backyard landscaping done". The answer is simple and always the same, "I'm an engineer and I spend my fatty money on hookers & blow."

Dear ladies of EB,

I have been thinking about how to keep things in a relationship from becoming routine. It is too easy to get caught up in day-to-day activities that keep you away from being, shall we say, a bit more spontaneous.

I am really not big into giving flowers and gifts seem to be more catered towards celebrating special milestones.

What I would like to do is simply be more spontaneous and just go somewhere. However, I get stuck in the planning part of this - any thoughts about how to keep the "surprise" factor in tact while working out schedules?

-Really Trying my Hand at This Romance Stuff
I'm not a lady of EB but. . .

You don't have to go whole-hog with a big trip. In fact I've been told this kind of surprise may not be welcome. In my experience something small and simple can go a long way. Like flowers. Or mail her a card. Really, it sounds cheesy but but they eat this stuff up. If you really want to go for a surprise, cook her dinner or plan a quick day trip to a nearby place for a few hours--something with a romantic opportunity like watching a sunset or walking on the beach.
JR, I'm about to punch you in the face w/ some tuff love:

LAY OFF WORRYING BOUT THIS **** TILL THE INK IS DRY ON YOUR F'N DIVORCE!! :16:

Ladies of EB - I am perplexed about something. How do you manage to use a mouse and not scratch up your nail polish?

lil_man_in_boat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back