--~~ Ask A Female Engineer Anything ~~--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, VT's cucumber will never be big enough to make the G. It's barely big enough for his HOs.

Here's my question for the Ask The Girls:

One day, I went for a bike ride at lunch while wearing the appropriate cycling related apparel, otherwise known as bike shorts. On my entry back into the building, I was very clearly eye-groped by the female security guard. I mean, I was looking at her, and she was looking at me, and then she was not looking at my eyes anymore.

So, I'm not saying I've ever done anything even remotely similar, but just strictly hypothetically speaking, since you ladies might have more experience, if my eyes were to accidentally flick away for just a moment within the first ten seconds of meeting you, do you notice?

Also, is there such a thing as Ick Radar? Can you telepathically sense when there is ogling going on, especially when I'm ...uh...I mean someone else is wearing sunglasses?

if my eyes were to accidentally flick away for just a moment within the first ten seconds of meeting you, do you notice?
Sometimes. Sometimes not.

Also, is there such a thing as Ick Radar? Can you telepathically sense when there is ogling going on, especially when I'm ...uh...I mean someone else is wearing sunglasses?
Absolutely. 'icky guy' has almost a ... smell to it. Like desperation does, yanno?

ETA: there is a difference between 'icky ogling' and 'checking out'. Checking out can be done with some dignity, and sometimes it's an ego-booster. The icky stuff ... ew. I'm not calling you an icky guy! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes. Sometimes not.

Absolutely. 'icky guy' has almost a ... smell to it. Like desperation does, yanno?

ETA: there is a difference between 'icky ogling' and 'checking out'. Checking out can be done with some dignity, and sometimes it's an ego-booster. The icky stuff ... ew. I'm not calling you an icky guy! :)
Like after a lunchtime bike ride?

Here's my question for the Ask The Girls:
One day, I went for a bike ride at lunch while wearing the appropriate cycling related apparel, otherwise known as bike shorts. On my entry back into the building, I was very clearly eye-groped by the female security guard. I mean, I was looking at her, and she was looking at me, and then she was not looking at my eyes anymore.

So, I'm not saying I've ever done anything even remotely similar, but just strictly hypothetically speaking, since you ladies might have more experience, if my eyes were to accidentally flick away for just a moment within the first ten seconds of meeting you, do you notice?

I SO notice. In fact, the other day I caught a co-worker looking at my fun bags. Unless I'm actively looking elsewhere, I'm going to notice.

I used to work construction and I can vouch that there is Ick Radar. I used to get the feeling and then I'd notice a gaggle of concrete finishers staring.

Oh, and I must fess up to eye groping muscular guys in bike shorts.

I had a construction job one time and the old man owner happened to come by the construction trailer where I was working on some quantities or something. He reached around from behind me and squeezed my boob. I was totally shocked! Needless to say, after that I always arranged for someone else to be there with me when he was coming by. The job had a 'government inspector' who was obliging enough to eat lunch there with me when the old man was going to be around. I remember one time the old man getting visibly angry to find the inspector there. Heh.
Yeah, by not smacking the oldtimer, he probably figured you were into it and inspector guy was c-blocking him.

I think old dude was used to it being 'acceptable' to paw at young girls - he must have been 70 at the time (it was 1978).

He could be 100 somewhere, pawing at nursing home staff
That's a freaky thought. :blink:

I should tell y'all the story about when I walked out of class one time. I was pregnant at the time and you *know* how grumpy pregnant women are. Heh.

Women complain to me; that its my fault bras don't fit.

Why not use an injection-molded form in lieu of a piece of steel wire? I think such an idea should be called die ueber buestenhalten.

With the amount of time spent every day thinking about boobs, I've no doubt a superior design could be produced from my office.

Why not use an injection-molded form in lieu of a piece of steel wire? I think such an idea should be called die ueber buestenhalten.
There's all different kinds - all bras aren't underwire. Some have molded cups etc. Price has a lot to do with it - cheaper bras, of course, don't support as well.

From wikipedia:

The major engineering weakness of the bra, particularly if poorly fitted, is that it acts as a pulley, transferring the weight of the breasts from the lower chest wall to higher structures such as the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can result in pain and injury in those structures

Where the lower boob intersects the chest, a small circular triangular region is created. If a lightweight foam or suitable material could match said void perhaps the bra could be more comfortable.

However this condition could leave to the rest of the boob being cantilevered over the injection molded form, resulting in tension created in the upper boob region. Surely a strain condition would be the result.

A type of tension member could pick up the cantilevered boob to relieve stress and cause the appearance to be more pert. What manner of attachment in between the foam region, lower boob, upper boob and neck anchor still needs to be determined.

Back