April PE - What did you think?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_mkwgih3yLU1qgt42uo2_250.gif

with more day passing ....more questions i remember i did wrong :( :hung-037:

true omg i try not to and keep saying this to all..... but thought of failing.... always back of my mind :)

Welcome and best of luck.
Thanks! Same to you.
Thanks. But I passed last time around.
Oops. I thought everyone who passed had 'PE' in their username. Looked that way in some other threads I was reading.
Depending..not everyone like to boast their PE LOL
I don't think it's because we're boasting about passing the PE (at least I'm not and either way passing is something to be proud of). EB-wise it makes sense to have PE on your user name so new members seeking advice can easily see if you've taken and passed the exam. It's an easy way to verify that you've been there/done that and are giving information based on experience.
i was joking on that boasting thing actually
Speaking of boasting....do you ever post at the Mike Holt forums? I saw someone on there today named iwire.

Welcome and best of luck.
Thanks! Same to you.
Thanks. But I passed last time around.
Oops. I thought everyone who passed had 'PE' in their username. Looked that way in some other threads I was reading.
Depending..not everyone like to boast their PE LOL
I don't think it's because we're boasting about passing the PE (at least I'm not and either way passing is something to be proud of). EB-wise it makes sense to have PE on your user name so new members seeking advice can easily see if you've taken and passed the exam. It's an easy way to verify that you've been there/done that and are giving information based on experience.
i was joking on that boasting thing actually
Speaking of boasting....do you ever post at the Mike Holt forums? I saw someone on there today named iwire.
Ya, I am a member there and yes I do post there...but unfortunately i am just a regular member. Iwire there is a moderator and he knows more the NEC than me can imagine haha

Hi, This is my FIRST post and I am very very angry to myself.!!!, not knowing how many correct I got.

I have studied 3 months prior to exam almost everyday like 3-4 hours. Plus I took last 2 weeks off from work and study about 12 hours a day. And I dont even know if I made it or not. Most subjects that I was strong was not in the exam as heavy that I expected. I wanted more relay protection, transmission, power factor, motor questions. Also as others stated they came up with unexpected subjects like NEMA, filter, harmonics.

Let me tell you, I ENJOED studying:). If I fail I am not sad because I want to study more and do 80/80. In the other hand, at work, people were expecting me to pass. Because everyone knows I was the only one took this test very seriosly. And spend a lot of time preparing.

Last April I walked in to the exam room with NEC 2011, Blackburn, Glover Power book, NECS and my master notes. That was it. I did 47/80. I said to myself "If I put little time I will do 80/80 net year. Yeah, sure:) This April, after spending about 400 hours studying, I cant even say I got this many questions right.

And another point NCEES should be aware of , if you put 800 guys and 50 females in to the wedding hall and if 800 guys uses the restroom which has 3 seater and 6 urinals, in 8 hours you guess what that restroom will look like after/during the test.

Also , KVA / KV error, was it in the morning or afternoon? What was the question related? I did not notice that.

I noticed one of the NEC problems being a bit "off" as well. Or having 2 acceptable answers.
I also saw the KVA vs KV error. I'm hoping that problem is thrown out.

Also , KVA / KV error, was it in the morning or afternoon? What was the question related? I did not notice that.

Uhhhh...

Uhhhh...
ok, I know what you think.

Last two sentences I was trying to quote from someone who posted it earlier. But I lost the header, it looked like I typed that. I could not find the place to edit the post.

Did you guys think it was harder in the morning or in the afternoon? I felt better about the morning.

I thought both were pretty equal in difficulty. Morning may have been slightly more difficult because I spent the first 20 minutes trying to calm my nerves.

Back