April PE - What did you think?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed, so glad its over with. Congratulations for everyone who passed, and those who didn't keep trying, you will make it.

So is the best way to study for this test is to pray and hope for good questions? I'm taking the test for the 2nd time on the 30th.

So is the best way to study for this test is to pray and hope for good questions? I'm taking the test for the 2nd time on the 30th.

Only if you prepared the same way as the time you failed. If it didn't work last time, pray.

I didn't. This time i focus more on theory. I took the pe power specification and wiki'd every piece of info i could. I studied wildi & and the schaum manuals. Plus I'm taking SOPE as a prep course. Last time, i was focused on problems. This time theory behind problems. Not sure if thats good enough. But we will see.

Last edited by a moderator:
It worked for me. I didn't find the practice problems as helpful as others seem to. I was all about organization for the types of problems I would see.

Quick question Ken 3.0. Did you take a prep course to pass the pe power or did you just self study? Im taking SOPE. Im learning a lot but I'm wondering if it would of been better just to do more self studying versus sitting at a computer for 64 hours.

I passed because of organization and theory. Most seem to emphasize practice problems which is great if that is how you roll. I can solve problems, that is not an issue. My problem was which one to use. There are multiple ways to ask the questions and it changes the approach. So, i organized examples by type so i had something to reference during the test and it worked for me. The key is to know what will work for you and prepare accordingly. Best of luck! It will be here fast!

Theory was my issue last time. I tried to incorporate more theory based studying this time. still practiced alot of problems. Hopefully more studying with a better understanding of concepts will get me through.

I hope so. Hoping for the best for you and the others!

Back