Apple iPhone 6

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and her Iphone 4 took a swim in the pool yesterday. Whats worse is shes not up for an upgrade for a couple of months. So now I get to shell out a couple hundred for an outdated replacement or $600 for a 6.

okay lets see you s5 owners dunk YOUR phone in the tub! until then its all marketing BS.....

I did drop my phone in a hot tub for a few seconds by accident- either the life proof case worked or I was just lucky

My $15 ToGo flip phone has taken the plunge twice. The most recent times stayed underwater for almost a minute. Guess what...it is still working.

Just to stir the pot a little, I've noticed that Samsung/Android/whatever users are very militant about their phone being better than my iphone. Its like they all have something to prove. I like my apple. Its better doing somethings. Not so much at others, but "those" guys seem to have to prove it every chance they get.

Just to stir the pot a little, I've noticed that Samsung/Android/whatever users are very militant about their phone being better than my iphone. Its like they all have something to prove. I like my apple. Its better doing somethings. Not so much at others, but "those" guys seem to have to prove it every chance they get.

And here we go...in 5...4...3...2...1... :popcorn:

Ditto. I don't claim that Apple makes the best phones. But I like the OS, and I'm used to it. I'm sure that if I used an Android device for a while, I'd be used to it as well. But honestly, I don't do anything processor-intensive enough to justify switching to Android just to get bleeding edge technology. I do think Apple's big media events are getting a little out of hand. They made out like this one was going to be something revolutionary, and they essentially rolled out an under-spec'd phone, a watch that is already playing catch-up to Pebble, and a mobile payment system that I'm mildly interested in. But just like every other Apple device, I'm giving them a year to work out the kinks. I've been on the "S" update cycle for the last several years (3GS, 4S, 5S). So the technology has already been out for a year before I have to deal with it. This was especially useful with the iPhone 4, given the shitty antenna in the first model that was mostly fixed in the 4S.

Actually if you read through the advice threads, most of us militant phone users often say, "it depends on what your used to" and that goes for iPad vs tablet as well.

I could care less what phone you use, but think that anyone who spends $600 on any phone must be an idiot with too much cash and not enough brains..... but lets refrain from stereotyping based on phones, or the next thing we know they'll be charging people with hate crimes based on windows vs apple vs droid

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

I could care less what phone you use, but think that anyone who spends $600 on any phone must be an idiot with too much cash and not enough brains.....

Yeah, as a cheap engineer, I won't spend more than about $150 on a phone.

but lets refrain from stereotyping based on phones, or the next thing we know they'll be charging people with hate crimes based on windows vs apple vs droid

And then we can go back to arguing over which calculator is better!

Back