Apple iPhone 6

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than my HP48SX I've never been a fan of HP computers, but I have an HP laptop from work that I have been pretty surprised with....I don't know the specs but the battery life is pretty surprising....

Perhaps, but it's no secret on this forum on where my loyalty lies. I have an old Dell lnspiron laptop (Centrino CPU) with XP that I got in 2008. Still rock solid as well because it was properly maintained. It can drag at times but it still does just fine for internet/email/light word processing. Hell I even take it with me to play P90x videos when on the road for work. So to say Apple products last longer is opinionated (or bias? ;) ), not factual.

The building of laptops in itself is not difficult. Procuring the appropriate parts which all function properly together is the challenge. It's also not the most economical.

Gaming systems are inferior to PCs when it comes to system performance. There's no disputing that (I'm not saying you were). But to each their own in that regard. I prefer mouse/keyboard gaming where I can make custom macros and not be limited to some barely functional game controller. LOL Plus I can upgrade my gaming PC at anytime I see fit. Not the case with game consoles.

That depends on what you consider inferior. If you consider being able to pop a disc in and play right away, then the console wins hands down. Some people don't have the time to waste on drivers, configuration, etc. Hell, UPlay is enough to stop you from playing on PC. Don't get me wrong, I built my gaming PC to get the best graphics, but some people don't have time to dial everything in.

That depends on what you consider inferior. If you consider being able to pop a disc in and play right away, then the console wins hands down. Some people don't have the time to waste on drivers, configuration, etc. Hell, UPlay is enough to stop you from playing on PC. Don't get me wrong, I built my gaming PC to get the best graphics, but some people don't have time to dial everything in.
I'm confused by this comment. On my Win 8.1 gaming laptop, I click on which Steam game I want to play and it's ready to go. No waiting for some disk to "load" or even searching through a pile of disks for what game to play in the first place. It's all right there in a nice organized list format. My Windows boot time is sub 3 seconds. Steam loads without delay as do the games I have loaded. So I guess I consider that to ready to play "right away". :thumbs:

I will agree that the initial system tweaks can be tedious depending on one's setup, but once configured, you shouldn't have to mess with it any further. And to be honest, Windows usually does fine with the initial configuration. You really only have to mess with things if you are looking to over-clock or run a custom resolution. ;)

my dad has ours but it just sits in an old lawyers bookcase with some other junk from my childhood...

I'm confused by this comment. On my Win 8.1 gaming laptop, I click on which Steam game I want to play and it's ready to go. No waiting for some disk to "load" or even searching through a pile of disks for what game to play in the first place. It's all right there in a nice organized list format. My Windows boot time is sub 3 seconds. Steam loads without delay as do the games I have loaded. So I guess I consider that to ready to play "right away". :thumbs:

I will agree that the initial system tweaks can be tedious depending on one's setup, but once configured, you shouldn't have to mess with it any further. And to be honest, Windows usually does fine with the initial configuration. You really only have to mess with things if you are looking to over-clock or run a custom resolution. ;)
Pile of discs? I have my games organized alphabetically and by system on bookshelves thank you very much. :p

I agree, Steam is great, but you missed my UPlay comment. You couldn't even play Watch Dogs on the PC earlier this year. Black Flag was also near unplayable when it first came out and it required both Steam and UPlay installed on your computer to play.

Sounds like that author is butthurt about owning an iPhone 6.

I should have taken a picture, but as I walked by the ATT store yesterday, there was a sign on the door that stated "Please don't bend display models".
that's like a grocery store saying don't squeeze the fruit. Durability is one feature when buying technology. Trying to bend with excessive force is a bit much but a slight push on the display model isn't outrageous thought. When we do buy phones I got to the store to hold it and push and stress the perceived weak points, then I go home and buy it online. That is the point of the display model.

Pile of discs? I have my games organized alphabetically and by system on bookshelves thank you very much. :p

I agree, Steam is great, but you missed my UPlay comment. You couldn't even play Watch Dogs on the PC earlier this year. Black Flag was also near unplayable when it first came out and it required both Steam and UPlay installed on your computer to play.
Well good. Organization is key! LOL

And I didn't miss the UPlay comment. It's irrelevant compared to the Steam community :p . And therefore has a very limited consumer base. I've never even used it myself.

2014%2B-%2B1.gif

Back