ANYBODY GET THEIR PE RAISES YET??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It costs RG way more to live in Hot-Lanta than it costs you to live in WV. Maybe not enough more to make up for the differences in salary but still.....
I haven't had "the talk" yet either, but I did receive my stamps yesterday and will most likely be asked to sign and seal stuff within a month. That's not gonna happen before "the talk". :( I'm more than a little curious what "the talk" will produce. I don't expect a major life changing raise but I'm still curious.

Maybe so, but Im guessin its not quite double.

what years of experience are you at?

I claim 10, even though I graduated in 1998. I worked as a cad bitch / co-op / construction tech for GA DOT for about 4 years off and on while in college.

The contacts I made while doing that have been well worth all the crap jobs they made me do (change oil in trucks, clean trucks, mow grass, etc)

That sucks frazil. But if it's any consolation, I got nothing at all but an announcement during last week's manger's meeting, and on top of that, I hear we're about to have our hours cut by an additional day - so my pay will drop an additional 10%, for a total pay cut of 20% since October 1.

is moving an option?

that really bites considering how much is going on in the states.

of course you were probably windsurfing this afternoon while we were wearing jackets and freezig our baggetts off

Naw, it was actually pretty cool tonight, and I wore my long sleeve T-shirt on top of my normal T-shirt around the bonfire tonight.

So, I had the talk today... no raise, no bonus... "company policy" not to give raises during the first year with the company. After failing to pass in April, and taking this job in August, I didn't feel confident enough to negotiate future salary at that time (on the possibility of getting the PE). I intentionally waited to do my end of year review until getting my PE number. Still no joy.

I don't want to change jobs, and I don't want to be underpaid.

The compromise with my boss is to position me for a "huge" raise in August (my anniversary), which involves me leading projects and overseeing EIT's by that time. And the window office is coming; they are rearranging our floor to cram 20 more people into the space over the next few months. But I will get one of the new, downsized, window offices. Maybe floor to ceiling walls and a door, since they are renovating.

I guess that I'm OK with that for now.

good luck, TX. Bummer you couldn't get a little bonus though!

sorry to hear that TXSTR (my companies doing the same thing even though they do have a decent PE Bonus (but I need salary) so thats why I am going to sniff around at a few offers

I did add you to the banner though ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have a talk today but I don't expect changes. I will get a pat in the shoulder and the following:' Well done. Keep busting your ars like that :p10940623: and maybe in ten more years you might be a Senior Engineer" :)

Anyways...

I talked to my boss last week. I have only been here six months so I wasn't expecting much. I wasn't disappointed. The owner of the company is a big proponent of professional registration and I thought a little compensation might be in order. My boss said they usually don't do that, but passing the P.E. would definitely help me in the long run. :) However, they were very quick to update my CV that goes out with all of our marketing information and proposals. Also, due to my newly acquired credentials, I have had to start writing my own proposals now, which is usually reserved for people who make a lot more than I do. Would that make anyone else's blood boil? Time to start testing the waters of the open job market.

Back