ANYBODY GET THEIR PE RAISES YET??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rleon - nice work man!! PM me the name of your company :D So I take it you're not on a salary? Or you are but you get overtime pay as well? If that's the case then you're gonna be banking!! I'd be STOKED to get time and a half for the few meager extra hours I put in each week. I'd like some more details via PM if ya wouldn't mind sharing :beerchug

The company is offering just straight time overtime. Will PM more information later.

Who gets paid overtime??!! I would rather not have any :) . But if I do, I don't get paid for it!!

I got a $2500 raise with the PE license but am still less than 25th percentile for Civil engineer II, not III, but II!!! I think that the estimates on Salary.com must be overestimated. Who makes $60,000 as a Civil Engineer II?? And who makes $70,000 as a newly registered engineer??

Maybe if you work for a contractor and not a consultant?

I prefer low stress office job with little overtime so I'll keep my less than 25th percentile pay as long as my hubby pulls in the real money.

Sorry, this guy wants to make as much as he can. My current employer gave me a $5K raise and I looked elsewhere.

I guess it depends on where you are working, I was offered more than you stated and it is a consultant.

Just a reminder....money brings responsibility. Plus the highest paid and newest usually go first when work gets slow . :D

I have been in this business now for 6 years, never heard of a PE getting fired. There was one once, but he insulted a HUGE client and he was running his own business out of the office.

The last place I worked fired 4 registered structural engineers. As far as I was concerned not one of them deserved to get the axe!! I left shortly after because we were moving to a different city (thank goodness)!

I got a $2500 raise with the PE license but am still less than 25th percentile for Civil engineer II, not III, but II!!! I think that the estimates on Salary.com must be overestimated. Who makes $60,000 as a Civil Engineer II?? And who makes $70,000 as a newly registered engineer??
Maybe if you work for a contractor and not a consultant?
Yo.

VTE, good luck, I hope you get as much cheddar as you can. PM me when you get your offer, I would love to compare Cheddar.

Last edited:
For the new company I will be a project mananger/Design Engineer with a focus on Stormwater Drainage Design and Construction Management.

I got 36% raise after getting my PE. But probably because i was making less than 25 percentile for Civil Engineer 1 with my EIT.

That sucks big time.

At an HVAC mfg where I used to work, they would give VERY slim increases each year and claim low profits as the culprit. I hear they are still doing this. I think they use it as a scape goat.

Ed

I got my 24% raise from my current employeer. First mid year raise/promotoin in while. More was promised during the next review period.

that is awesome! :claps:

I am supposed to get 15%, just got 2% cola, so maybe 17% total. I think I need to go to HR and knock some heads because it still has not come thru :fool:

That sucks big time.
At an HVAC mfg where I used to work, they would give VERY slim increases each year and claim low profits as the culprit. I hear they are still doing this. I think they use it as a scape goat.

Ed
A company can always have slim profit margins when increasing the CEO's pay to eat up all of the proffit.

I think the OIL and Gas companies that continue to have an 8% profit margin use this tactic.

Yeah, and how real is that 8%? I bet the numbers are fudged some way.

Oh-oh, this could turn into a whole new discussion now! :D

Ed

Back