Any NJ results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to all the Passers! I got it on my second try. I recommend a review course. if you live relatively close i suggest looking at the course I took at Rutgers. It helped a great deal and It was a lot less expensive than the online ones.

AND NOW TO DEAL WITH THE STATE OF NJ BOARD. Which as others have eluded to, is a complete headache to deal with. I hope it goes smooth

Passed Civil Construction on first try!! Congrats to all who passed and for those who didn't don't give up. Best of luck on your next try!!!

Does anybody know how long would it take to get the certificates after passing the exam in NJ?

Good luck with that. I've been waiting for my comity application to be approved for months. I sent it in January. The supporting paperwork maybe in March. Was scheduled for the board this month. Still not issued. NJ has got to be the worst board I've dealt with yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks snobumPE. I wish I could get the certificates within a month or so..I'll be moving out of the state in August. Am I being too idealistic? :|

Civil-Construction, Pass, 1st time.

I'm one year removed from receiving my MS in Jan '12, and would have to attribute a large part of my passing score to this. I was a Structures focus, but also chose to take courses in Soil Dynamics, Hydrology, and CM. I studied for less than 2 months, took no courses, and did not nearly have all the 'recommended references'. Quality > Quantity.

I was on this website daily during my study breaks and would like to thank you/wish you all luck. We need motivated, determined Civil Engineers.

i called the state and said that they would be sending out a package to the people who passed within a couple of weeks. "there are a lot of applicants" was what i was told so i suppose we shouldn't expect anything right away. After that the NCEES paper said after sixty days of all of that info is received back, an applicant would receive their PE certificate.

So Mid august sounds about right!

Good luck with that. I've been waiting for my comity application to be approved for months. I sent it in January. The supporting paperwork maybe in March. Was scheduled for the board this month. Still not issued. NJ has got to be the worst board I've dealt with yet.

The Peoples Republic of New Jersey

I got my PE activation form from the state today! it says it will take 7-10 business days for the certification to come once it is received. Oh and also need to shell out another 40 bucks.

I suppose if you did not complete the law exam it would take another couple of weeks for the back and forth.

Nope. Did they process your check? They haven't for mine. I called and she said earliest would be this coming Friday.

Have not received my certificate either. I sent my check on June 6th. Although PA may be notorious for releasing slow results, they probably don't have to deal with a lifetime of poor communication like the NJ board. I passed my EIT and Law exam in 2007; my EIT became officially "Active" 2 weeks ago. It said "Pending" for over 5 years.

I called yesterday and they said they had my check and form and it should be processed this week.

Back