August CA Seismic/Survey Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my results and didn't pass. This is my second time taking the surveying exam. I feel disappointed and defeated. The first time I used the Reza Mahallati workbook and this time around I used CPESR. I appreciate it if you guys can offer some suggestions/tips on how to prepare for it next time. I did spend over 120 hrs studying and took multiple mock exams. Thanks in advance.

I got my results and didn't pass. This is my second time taking the surveying exam. I feel disappointed and defeated. The first time I used the Reza Mahallati workbook and this time around I used CPESR. I appreciate it if you guys can offer some suggestions/tips on how to prepare for it next time. I did spend over 120 hrs studying and took multiple mock exams. Thanks in advance.
I’m sorry :/ I heard this one was hard and went all in on studying. I used the Reza workbook, CPESR, and EET class since for surveying there wasn’t one single ideal course. What helped me the most for both seismic and survey was taking practice exams. A full month or two before the exam I’d take 2-3 full length practice exams each week. Ended up taking about 20 exams. I took them until I scored at least an 80%. Survey I honestly thought I’d fail because I struggled more on these exams, but thankfully passed.

Great news this morning! I passed seismic and am now a PE. Good luck to everyone and anyone who did not pass - dont give up.

Just keep at it and when you get a problem wrong make sure you understand why. The other part of these tests no one really talks about is luck - sometimes you just need a little.

Back