August 2019 Test Results - CA-Seismic/Survey Exams - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

August 2019 Test Results


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Mosik said:

I am so nervous! I finished all questions (Seismic) with few minutes left to check my answers! left the exam with 15 flagged questions that I didn't have time to review! 

Finishing is 3/4 of the battle. I know plenty of people who ran out of time and had to guess on the last few questions but still passed. I'm sure you did fine brother.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Finishing is 3/4 of the battle. I know plenty of people who ran out of time and had to guess on the last few questions but still passed. I'm sure you did fine brother.

I really hope so! I don't want to take that test ever again! I feel like results should come out sometimes next week. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mosik said:

I am so nervous! I finished all questions (Seismic) with few minutes left to check my answers! left the exam with 15 flagged questions that I didn't have time to review! 

Also nervous. I took survey. I flagged a couple questions and guessed a couple.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shihouli said:

Also nervous. I took survey. I flagged a couple questions and guessed a couple.

Unreal how tedious this whole PE process is in CA. Its been almost a year since the 8 hours. I am taking surveying next week, any tips? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mosik said:

Unreal how tedious this whole PE process is in CA. Its been almost a year since the 8 hours. I am taking surveying next week, any tips? 

This is just my suggestions:

1. Get familiar with basic knowledge, like unit convert, simple equations. You don't have enough time to look for all of them.

2. Keep tracking your time all the time. Before the exam, I wrote the maximum time I need to finish 10 questions, 20 questions, 30 questions, 40 questions and 50 questions on the workbook first page and checked it regularly when I finished 10 questions.

3. Read and comprehend each questions carefully before you work on it. Don't make simple mistakes by rushing too fast.

Edited by shihouli
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, shihouli said:

This is just my suggestions:

1. Get familiar with basic knowledge, like unit convert, simple equations. You don't have enough time to look for all of them.

2. Keep tracking your time all the time. Before the exam, I wrote the maximum time I need to finish 10 questions, 20 questions, 30 questions, 40 questions and 50 questions on the workbook first page and checked it regularly when I finished 10 questions.

3. Read and comprehend each questions carefully before you work on it. Don't make simple mistakes by rushing too fast.

thank you for the great tips! I will definitely keep these in mind. Can't wait to be done!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kiwi said:

Just Seismic my man. I feel really good about it, but I just want it to be over. When is your surveying test this week? You ready?

I think you ll do fine, I have mixed feelings about my seismic. I felt really good after the exam, but its been a while since then and I am starting to lose hope, lol. Yeah , my Surveying is on Sunday! I guess, I am just tried of studying after studying for almost a year (since the 8 hours! I just want it to be over also! have you taken surveying yet? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jdmc4 said:

Hey guys! Figured I'd stop compulsively checking my email and commiserate, lol. Looks like the board has never released results on a Friday going back as far as I can find. Who knows, this could be the time they finally do.

Haha, we are all doing the same thing. and Boo, was kinda having some hopes that today would be the day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jdmc4 said:

Hey guys! Figured I'd stop compulsively checking my email and commiserate, lol. Looks like the board has never released results on a Friday going back as far as I can find. Who knows, this could be the time they finally do.

Seems like if we don't hear by noon, it will most likely happen early next week.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mosik said:

I think you ll do fine, I have mixed feelings about my seismic. I felt really good after the exam, but its been a while since then and I am starting to lose hope, lol. Yeah , my Surveying is on Sunday! I guess, I am just tried of studying after studying for almost a year (since the 8 hours! I just want it to be over also! have you taken surveying yet? 

You'll do great. I don't know if this is your first time taking it, but survey wasn't that bad. I passed survey about a year ago now so seismic is my last test. Assuming you studied even half as hard for survey as you did seismic, you should be just fine. I studied for seismic for a year too, although I was dragging my feet since the 8 hour. Fiance got her stuff over a year ago and finally decided to get my ass into gear. Cheers brother, hope this is the end for both of us. Be sure to update us on the results for seismic when it happens.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jdmc4 said:

The state exams have been a bit of a bummer to wait for--so much more data to analyze/wager on with the NCEES exam.

I have all these plans and stuff that I keep on budgeting into my time all predicated on the fact I pass. The hour i've been dedicating each day to studying will become workout time, I'm going to go on the vacation I keep saying I'll be taking, blah blah blah all with the big big assumption that I get a pass. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...