Yep, this sh*t again

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stan-carey-indo-european-jones-meme-grammar-nazis-i-hate-these-guys.jpg

my 9 yo daughter asked me this morning if calling someone a "nerd" was bad. As in, "You built that huge lego tower? You're so nerdy!" Thoughts?
Nothing wrong with a huge Lego tower.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think "nerds" are in. Ain't they?

A Lego store is being built at the local mall. My daughter is just a little excited about that.

I think nerds are hip now. But I told her it's a little ambiguous. So if she's looking to give someone a compliment she should say something else ("awesome tower!"). But I don't know if she was thinking of saying it or if someone said it to her.

Isn't there a discussion somewhere on this board about nerds and geeks and which one is cool?

I never realized how complicated the social atmosphere was for girls of that age until I started asking my daughter questions.

I don't ask anymore.

Edit:

That's a lie. I ask and lecture. She avoids and ignores.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope she continues to like science and building as she gets older.

Well, she does spend a lot of time in the kitchen.

Just got a call from home, guess mini-Ram is feeling better today - cleared out all the food in the fridge and is almost done working his way through all his snacks. Off to the supermarket after work I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back