Winter Olympics 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David Wise taking gold after those issues with his first two runs was awesome.

Agreed! He really came through when it counted, and did so well that his score lasted through the remaining, what was it, 5 or 6 snowboarders skiers who had all had higher qualifying scores than him.
Fixt. My house was rooting for Alex and Torin. Torin lives in the same town I do, and Alex was a student of my wife (music teacher at the elementary school Alex went to). But I was really happy for David Wise, after the two ridiculous equipment failure. Looked like he didn't set his DIN right on his bindings.

This makes it look like RG is coaching the Hungarian skiing team as well as the US hockey team. 
ekgojwashstl7kp2dfba.gif

Obviously I taught them everything I know

They need to stop that crap. Seems like half the althletes walking in the opening ceremony were from some 3rd world because their neighbors cousin was born there, i.e. I’m not good enough to make it with my own country, but going to the olympics would be fun.

Meanwhile, to balance them out... There is Ester Ledecka!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I've ever watched LESS of the Olympics than I did this year.
i pulled up one skelton race online for minisnick because he said he had to watch a race, and I watched one figure skating prelim to first night when minisnick got home and had to watch the olympics...until he saw it was skating than went blah and walked out.  

I watched 5 minutes of curling, 5 minutes of ski jump since it was on at a restaurant, and recaps of hockey and snowboarding.  That was it.

Oh, I did watch about 10 minutes of biathlon because that's all they showed.

Last edited by a moderator:
we watched most of the skiing and snowboarding and tuned out most of the other stuff -

In the paper today they had an article about a committee Denver put together for 2030 - which is odd to me since I would imagine all the events except maybe the ice skating would be 90 miles away up in the mountains, probably ASSSpen ;)

we watched most of the skiing and snowboarding and tuned out most of the other stuff -

In the paper today they had an article about a committee Denver put together for 2030 - which is odd to me since I would imagine all the events except maybe the ice skating would be 90 miles away up in the mountains, probably ASSSpen ;)
It's not like SLC hosted those ski events in Temple Square back in 2002. 

True, but in Salt Lake City it won't take four hours for the Olympic athletes to drive to the mountains after the opening ceremony at mile high Stadium on a Friday night

True, but in Salt Lake City it won't take four hours for the Olympic athletes to drive to the mountains after the opening ceremony at mile high Stadium on a Friday night
You're missing that hosting the Olympics is how you get that express lane on I-70. 

Back