Why the hate for Walmart?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they sell the same made in china stuff that Target, Dicks, Costco, REI, Overton's, Ace Hardware, Sears, etc all sell...???
I have to defend Costco and REI, both those companies stand behind what they sell. REI will let you return anything for any reason. Do you pay more for that? Yes, but sometimes it's worth it.
So will Walmart. Never had a hassle with returns. In fact, its probablythe only place where I just put something on the counter, they scan it, and hand me cash, no questions asked.

Granted, I haven't done it all that much.

I went to Walmart trying to find a USB bluetooth wireless keyboard that worked with our Wii... they had one on a sale rack back in electronics that looked nice, better than what they had on the regular shelves, but it didn't have a price on it. I went to the electronics register and they said it wouldn't scan in. I went to customer service and they said that is not a WalMart keyboard... someone had returned it and the customer service dept paid the person for a keyboard that wasn't bought there.

I said, well, can I buy it and what's it worth? The manager came over and said, 'we can't sell anything that's not our product'.

I said, "Look, what are you going to do with it if it's not your product? I'll take it off your hands for $5".

He said $10.

I paid them $10 for a keyboard that when I got home looked up and it was a $50 keyboard.

My opinion if Walmart is that I shop there for consumables... except produce or meat. I've gotten a box of grapes that molds within a couple days from them before, their stuff is not as fresh.

For long lasting items (furniture, etc.), I've gone other places.

I do use them for electronics.

I also shop at Target, Kmart, Best Buy, etc.

Back