Who dat?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe you should flip a coin.

Better yet, maybe I should just go and then when Mrs. Chucktown complains about it when I come home sloppy drunk on Sunday night, I'll just show her my Give-A-Fuck-O-Meter which will register about a 0.1.

I really hate that I can't go, the invite included transportation on his Dad's plane, lots of booze, and cigars. Oh well, I'm pretty sure Mrs. Chucktown will make it worth my while to stay home.

Now, how to subtly hint that I got an awesome invite which I'm turning down so I'll get credit for staying home?

Last edited by a moderator:

Better yet, maybe I should just go and then when Mrs. Chucktown complains about it when I come home sloppy drunk on Sunday night, I'll just show her my Give-A-Fuck-O-Meter which will register about a 0.1.

I really hate that I can't go, the invite included transportation on his Dad's plane, lots of booze, and cigars. Oh well, I'm pretty sure Mrs. Chucktown will make it worth my while to stay home.

Now, how to subtly hint that I got an awesome invite which I'm turning down so I'll get credit for staying home?

You think there's ANY chance I could go dressed like you??? Maybe they won't even notice it's not you?

You think there's ANY chance I could go dressed like you??? Maybe they won't even notice it's not you?

I suppose if you get drunk enough and make a big enough ass out of yourself then you're probably right.

Seems like alot of work for only a 5 minute client meeting. I would go to the race and send your client a postcard.

I went to the 500 in 2004 back when it was on the 15th and I was gone all weekend. I just made sure I had all of my client duties taken care of before I left.

Seems like alot of work for only a 5 minute client meeting. I would go to the race and send your client a postcard.

I went to the 500 in 2004 back when it was on the 15th and I was gone all weekend. I just made sure I had all of my client duties taken care of before I left.

Good point. However, I think if I went I would probably be banned from my client's office for some time. So while you are correct that I'm probably only going to miss a 5 minute client meeting on the day of the 500, I'm pretty sure my client is going to cancel any future client meetings for the next month or so.

Yeah, the life-time client meeting ban would probably be quite the deterrant from going to the 500. Perhaps you could compromise and bring your client to the 500?

I hate NASCAR. I would rather watch a race between drying paint and growing grass. And I have experienced a car race first hand when I got a free ticket to the Indy 500 a few years ago. I found it loud, annoying, and boring. I didn't see any tits, and the rednecks were effin' annoying. I'll watch an occasional F1 race on TV, but that would be boring in person too because you can only watch 1 or 2 turns from a fixed position.

Well I turned down the invite to the Daytona 500 and I got no credit for making such a wise choice either. When I was texting my buddy to turn down the invite last night she asked what I was texting about and I casually mentioned "Oh, Jay asked me to go to the Daytona 500 this weekend and I was letting him know I couldn't go" and she responds, "Oh, were you planning a romantic weekend at the races together or something?". Damnit. I can't win for losing.

:eek:ldman:

Does your wife celebrate Steak and BJ Day?
Well she doesn't with me so I hope not.

Does yours? If so, could I give you Mrs. Ble's number and have you wife call her to discuss the merits of that day?
Let's make it a conference call, please include Mrs. Chucktown on that.

Who's your baseball team Mary? I'm embarassed to be a liflelong Mets fan.
Braves, just because they are a team close enough to think about going to games. Haven't been to a game in a long time. And the Braves have looked like crap the past few years. I think Leo Mazone's departure was tragic. I enjoy watching most games, prefer NL.

My wife liked Poison when she was a teenager(probably like most girls) she turns 40 in 5 years, by then I was thinking I could probably get them to play at her birthday party for a couple hundred bucks?
Bout spit my coffee out on that one... Bret Micheals is about to get re-famous from the Celebrity Apprentice, so you may have to dish out a grand by then.

Back