What's your favorite drink?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alcoholic Drink

• Beer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mixed

• Straight

• Wine

• Other (not listed)

• I don't drink alcohol

• Total voters
For SOME reason I just laughed when I saw this (even though I voted months ago). It reminded me of what a buddy told me one night at a bar when I was going to get him a beer and asked..."What's your favorite beer?" his response was "COLD, and FREE!"

I think that fits with it being FRIDAY!!!! WOOOHOOO!

I do like 1 wheat beer. It's a raspberry wheat by Estes Park Brewery, which is where my wife and I had our rehearsal dinner.

Since I've become pregnant, I don't drink beer anymore, except for the sips I take from my hubby's beer. I don't know what is going on, but I love IPAs now!!! I know its not because I hadn't tried it, because I would occasionally drink it when that was the only available option, but I always hated it. My tastes have definitely changed with respect to foods, and it apparently has happened now with beer.

wheat beer is yuk
yes it is. I do like a Hefeweizen every now and again though. I don't know if you would classify that as a "wheat beer", since it's unfiltered.
A hefe is a german wheat beer, just made with slightly different malts and hops (noble hops) and maybe a different yeast strain. So its a wheat beer in the sense that it has wheat in it, and its unfiltered (not exclusive to wheats), but different in other aspects to the American Wheat style.

wheat beer is yuk
yes it is. I do like a Hefeweizen every now and again though. I don't know if you would classify that as a "wheat beer", since it's unfiltered.
A hefe is a german wheat beer, just made with slightly different malts and hops (noble hops) and maybe a different yeast strain. So its a wheat beer in the sense that it has wheat in it, and its unfiltered (not exclusive to wheats), but different in other aspects to the American Wheat style.
Right, I guess what I should have said is that I don't like American Wheat beers.

I bought the Magic Hat 12 pack with 4 varieties of beer. All four of them tasted like bitter pieces of shit.
Never again, Magic Hat.
Magic Hat is awful. They're all real heavy and bitter.

When I lived in VT, we'd do a microbrew weekend from time to time and hit up several of them as we drove around the state.

I don't know if its the microbrew trend all over, but the VT beers at that point seemed like they were all excessively hoppy. I like my beer to be maltier than hoppy.

Magic Hat's brewery is a creepy place. It's got this emo/goth Halloween party decor to it. I wanted to cut myself after being there for a while, but that's too conformist.

We've been drinking a fair amount of Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy lately. It's pretty refreshing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pissed that Miller Brewing bought Leinies. Apparently none of the bigger micro-breweries want to stay independent.

I bought the Magic Hat 12 pack with 4 varieties of beer. All four of them tasted like bitter pieces of shit.

Never again, Magic Hat.
I think Magic Hat sucks too - so why are they so big?? Though I will say, my husband brought home a sample pack a month ago and there was some new brew in there that was actually decent. I can't remember the name, but it had a green and blue swirly label.

SamuelJacksonBeer1.jpg

Here's what I drink when JW is not available.

Back