What to name a boat?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe "High PI" which could have several Civil references, like Plasticity index, or just PI?? I don't know.......lol I'll end up explaining that too much.
yu could put on the transom "Engine near"

Engine Near....humm, Now we're getting somewhere at least.

I saw a picture of a large boat that was named "Change order" and it had a small dingy that was named "Original Contract"

I think my boat is smaller than the dingy.....sigh.

I saw a picture of a large boat that was named "Change order" and it had a small dingy that was named "Original Contract"

So you're admitting that your dingy is smaller than their dingy? At least you're man enough to admit it! ;)

So you're admitting that your dingy is smaller than their dingy? At least you're man enough to admit it! ;)
Ive heard its not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean. My wife also says it takes a long time to cross the atlantic with a row boat. Good thing i dont have to...

I met a guy yesterday name Harry Johnson. Seemed like a good name for a boat.

If "The Harry Johnson" isn't to your liking because boats are supposed to be named after girls, I volunteer "Gina in VA".

I met a guy yesterday name Harry Johnson. Seemed like a good name for a boat.
If "The Harry Johnson" isn't to your liking because boats are supposed to be named after girls, I volunteer "Gina in VA".
there's always "Ann Us"

My wife also says it takes a long time to cross the atlantic with a row boat. Good thing i dont have to...
Don't have to cross the Atlantic or don't have to use a rowboat?

theres a guy on my dock whose boat name is:

Exit Strategy

He said he basically hates his job so he is always planning his exit strategy from work so I figured that sounded like most of it

^^ I like that idea too, and since I DO like to get out of here on Friday's an awful lot, maybe "Satellite office"....?

Or, simlarly,

"A CLIENT"

"I'm with a client all afternoon"

"A MEETING"

"I'm in a meeting all afternoon"

Or how about "The Continuing Education"?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the continuing education idea too....maybe "One PDH"? ok....that's another one that I would just end up explaining, now I'm starting to see why people use sex themed names...lol

My buddies all call me Gunny Highway, for two reasons, my arms...which aren't what they use to be...and my attitude, which is. It was a character in Heartbreak Ridge played by Clint Eastwood who had a bit of an edge to him to say the least, they all think I need to name it the "Gunny Highway"

Back