What is your work schedule? 5-8's, 9/80, 4-10's, other?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptatohed

Licenced to Spell
Reaction score
We are on a 9/80 schedule at my City, with every other Friday off.  The City is open on Fridays with half the staff here each Friday.  I wish we had 4-10's (I work 10 hour days anyway).  During the recession furlough, we worked 4-9's.  Which I have to admit was nice having every Friday off, even with the 10% reduction in pay.  How about you guys? 

5-7.5's, but I have the option for a 9 day, and technically a 4 day, but they aren't granting new requests for that one.

Got a couple option on our end. 

Most people do 9hrs and get every other Friday off. I'm on that schedule. A good number of people with that schedule also have a telework day each week. 

Others do four 10hrs with every Friday off. Those are usually people who live far. I know one guy who did three 13-14 hour days. Yikes! Then there are the veterans who stick to their 8hr days. 

5-8s but I'm here 0630 - 1430 unless something comes up that needs staying back for.

I was working 40-50 hrs with no set schedule before I transferred. Now I work 5 8s, 8-5.

I miss my every Fridays off.  Heck, I'd happily work 4 12s if I could have every Friday off. 

Just got access to I had to resurrect some thread here...

I work four 8.5 hour days (30 min lunch, my choice) and then I get off between 2:30 and 3:00 on Fridays.

Overseas, we did six 10hr days Sat. thru Thur, although most of us did 11 or 12 hours per day.  Fridays were our "day off" so we only had to work 4 hours.

The days were long, but it was very fast-paced so the hours didn't seem bad and there wasn't a lot to do in your downtime anyway so you might as well be working.  It was especially hard to argue with all the OT we were getting.

Wow, that much overtime (even though still work) would be amazing to bump my paychecks right now so I could actually buy some of the things I keep researching.

Currently things are pretty much stress free and fairly laid back though so I suppose that needs to be factored in to some degree to balance the pay...

Latest posts

Back