What is best Civil Breadth course to take?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerStroke79_PE

Reaction score
What are the best Civil Breadth courses to take? A lot of these training only offer a package for breadth and depth, any thoughts on PPI breadth course? 

What are the best Civil Breadth courses to take? A lot of these training only offer a package for breadth and depth, any thoughts on PPI breadth course? 
EET All the way. And the bReadth and depth are separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly recommend EET. I had taken both breadth and depth, but you can choose breadth only. You will get best organized binder. Hope it helps.

I passed first try with the EET breadth. I used the binder for about 90% of the problems, and 10% with the CERM/Das geotechnical book. The only section I felt could have been better was the structural portion, but everything else was on par with the exam difficulty.

Well i took EET, the problem is that i really liked it and i feel confident but ended up with only 23 right in the breadth. Now i really think i just need to change things up somehow. I have one more shot. Im NOT gonna fail again. 

Took EET and I recommend it.  Your goal is to hit ~32 in the AM, don't try to review EVERY topic presented.

For me structural was my weakness so I paid less attention to it, instead I try to study other topics to make sure I understand them.  This April cycle had a very structural heavy AM and I felt pretty horrible to be honest.  I scored a 74/80 on the NCEES practice booklet and thought the practice test was easy (everyone says that closely represents what's on the test) but the actual test was wayyy harder than the practice test.

There are going to be some theory based questions not covered by review courses, I think the CERM came in handy in those situations, make sure you know how to look up the index, and find a workaround to solve those theory questions.  I won't list specific problems (because those still haunts me), but I think I got at least 2 questions right by searching through the CERM, even though I didn't look at it AT ALL before the exam and did not plan on using it.

The afternoon test (Transportation) was difficult as well, I would say 80% were covered by EET, the rest 20% you will need either the HCM or the AASHTO book, I didn't have either with me so I ended up guessing on those questions (they were easy too if I had the reference books, because they are simply look-up-a-table-in-that-chapter type of problems).  

All in all I think I was either very lucky because my educated guesses worked out, or that I was very lucky that I barely made it with the passing score.  Either way I walked out the exam giving my self of a 70/30 chance of passing/failing.

Back