What does the Fox say?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me! We've been through this before. But I try it every time it's presented to me!
That's be cause you're attempting to consume dairy products in CA. Perhaps you should plan a trip to the dairy state (WI) and try it there. :thumbs:

And while you're there, also get some freshly made (and squeaky) cheese curds. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That's be cause you're attempting to consume dairy products in CA. Perhaps you should plan a trip to the dairy state (WI) and try it there. :thumbs:

And while you're there, get some freshly made (and squeaky) cheese curds. :D
Wait, you're telling me that the "Happy Cows Live in California" commercials I was raised on were a lie??

Also, VT cheese is pretty good too! :)  Cabot is my jam.

Wait, you're telling me that the "Happy Cows Live in California" commercials I was raised on were a lie??
Indeed. It's funny though that those commercials also air locally around here too. So even though the info is untrue, we'll still take marketing ad $$ from your state. :D

when my flip phone dies, i think i found the smart phone for me.  The iphone SE.  It is small enough that I can deal with it.  I've never used an apple product so that will suck.  

tenor.gif

Okay, first gripe with my Pixel 2. In group messages, I'm randomly not getting some of the messages sent to me. It doesn't seem to be consistently from one or more specific people and sometimes, if a person sends a string of text messages in a row, I may get all of them, I may get one of them, or I may get none of them. This only seems to be happening in group texts, and only started maybe within the last two or three weeks.

I did a quick google search and apparently, I'm not the only one this has happened to (apparently it was happening to people back when the Pixel 2 first came out, but never affected me then). I haven't really had time to figure out if there's a fix yet.

Hey @knight1fox3, you never helped out with this problem.
Sorry Ble. Must have slipped my mind due to all the other thread side-tracking happening. I'll look at this ASAP. This week might be a bit difficult though because I'm working 12's at the manufacturing plant due to an over-capacity issue.
Do you know off hand what version of Android you are running on those Galaxy Tab A devices? Since you've already gone through the process of creating restricted profiles, you might give this method a try to see if that will work for you. If it doesn't work, then you could try creating a secondary non-restricted type account and instead implementing a separate application to maintain control over the device(s). This particular app gets a good amount of praise and I believe has all the appropriate restriction controls you are looking for (the paid version has added functionality). HTH :thumbs:

Do you know off hand what version of Android you are running on those Galaxy Tab A devices? Since you've already gone through the process of creating restricted profiles, you might give this method a try to see if that will work for you. If it doesn't work, then you could try creating a secondary non-restricted type account and instead implementing a separate application to maintain control over the device(s). This particular app gets a good amount of praise and I believe has all the appropriate restriction controls you are looking for (the paid version has added functionality). HTH :thumbs:
Thanks, I'll take a look at this sometime this week.

I have an android question: how do I force an "upgrade" of my Android OS?  My phone is still running Android OS 4.4 "kitkat". I can no longer use my online banking services because of this. I did enough research to learn that I can get up to Android OS 6 with support for my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5 active).  But I can't figure out how to do it - whenever I check for "updates" AT&T says I am up to date.  I don't want to "update" I want to "upgrade".  

I have an android question: how do I force an "upgrade" of my Android OS?  My phone is still running Android OS 4.4 "kitkat". I can no longer use my online banking services because of this. I did enough research to learn that I can get up to Android OS 6 with support for my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5 active).  But I can't figure out how to do it - whenever I check for "updates" AT&T says I am up to date.  I don't want to "update" I want to "upgrade".  
So this can often be a 2-fold issue. And apologies in advance if you've already gone through all the simple steps, but I assume you've tried this? If so, and the system isn't detecting that an update is available, then that typically means your carrier (in this case, AT&T), has not elected to push that update for your specific phone model. This can happen for older phones as it's easy for them to be forgotten once new tech rolls out. This appears to be the issue you are describing (and to no surprise, AT&T provides little support on it):

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android/Galaxy-S5-Active-will-not-update-to-Android-6-0/td-p/5090989

Are you able to take it to an AT&T store in your area?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back