Virginia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed Civil-Transportation...congrats to those who passed and good luck to those taking it in April.

Congrats to all that passed, and good luck (keep your head up) for those that will retake it in April. You can do it!

Hope they're going in alphabetical order, I'm not on there yet....W.

Is this where you are checking for the license lookup?

http://www.dpor.virg.../LicenseLookup/

Couldn't find mine. Just a little curious.
Yep, this is it. Obviously make sure you select professional engineer but I had to put my full first name and then my last name. So if you use a shortened version or a nickname it might not work unless that's how you originally registered.

Thanks VCU-EE.

I tried using different combinations of my name (first/last/first and last) but the name did not come up. I am hoping they are in the process of uploading and it's not all done.

I always thought you had to have this done prior to sitting for the exam but that could be the holdup too. Not sure what order, if any, they use to input names into the system but I'm pretty close to the end of the alphabet.

Received my official license.

It looks like little more than a paystub. Is this all VirginiaDPOR provides?

My colleagues with Texas and New York PE licenses all have nice, framed diploma-style certificates. What I received will look pitiful next to theirs....

I received a diploma-style certificate in April. Pretty sure it came a few weeks after the actual license. It came in a cardboard tube.

I hope to receive some form of official document soon. My name still doesn't show up on the licence lookup and I don't have anything yet to prove that I passed PE except the online ncees record :)

I hope to receive some form of official document soon. My name still doesn't show up on the licence lookup and I don't have anything yet to prove that I passed PE except the online ncees record :)
Are you sure you passed the rules and regulations test? I had to call the board and specifically ask them for that. The board will not issue a license until that is done.

Could someone explain this Rules and Regulations test to me? I'm about 99% sure I never saw anything from the DPOR about it.

Are you sure you passed the rules and regulations test? I had to call the board and specifically ask them for that. The board will not issue a license until that is done.
Yes. I sent it to them prior to the PE exam during registration process. I was told I could send it to them via e-mail which I did. I have not heard specifically whether I passed or not although I am pretty sure I would have. Are you suppposed to hear from the Board about the result of the rules and reg. test? Thanks.

I never heard the status of my rules and regulations test or if they even received it after I emailed it to them. I would hope that if that was the hold up that they would let you know. Guess you might have to contact them to find out.

Could someone explain this Rules and Regulations test to me? I'm about 99% sure I never saw anything from the DPOR about it.
Shortly after submitting the application package I received an email from the board saying I needed to take and pass the Rules and Regulations test prior to them approving me to sit for the PE.

The email had links to the test and the regulations manual. It is an open book test and not very difficult. Call the board and ask for it.

Back