VIRGINIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sandman,

I woould say if NCEES results say you passed, you are a Professional Engineer. I think if it bothers you, and there is a question by your employer, I would have them call the number I listed to have it verified. I would think tommorrow will be the day as well. I sure hope so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandman,
I woould say if NCEES results say you passed, you are a Professional Engineer. I think if it bothers you, and there is a question by your employer, I would have them call the number I listed to have it verified. I would think tommorrow will be the day as well. I sure hope so.
I'm not so sure it is that big of a deal. I kind of compare it to when I was graduating college. There was that week or so in between finishing all requirements and actually be handed the degree. Just because I was waitng for the university to hand me the degree didn't mean I wasn't a graduate. Even then after being handed the degree, an employer wouldn't be able to immediately summon the university for proof of the degree, that took a few months. I guess this is no different. We have finished all requirements, we are just waiting for DPOR to hand us the license.

They are bound to do this soon, right? Maybe before the Super Bowl?

Just checked DPOR website and 29914 now... 5 more added by comity or start adding our names?

My name is not in yet.

Sandman, I would hope so. However, we are dealing with a state agency that is having media issues. I am hoping soon, but I am not getting my hopes up.

sorry SapperPE, did not realize that. No problem, I thought DPOR contact information would be general info.

Do you think those slackers will upload Result tomorrow?
Sure............Why not? They know we want the results added to the website, and they know we don't want to wait another weekend, so I betting on tomorrow (well, actually today since it is past midnight). It's because they care about us!

I bet a nickel, give you 5-1 odds, win a quarter.....................who's in?

Sure............Why not? They know we want the results added to the website, and they know we don't want to wait another weekend, so I betting on tomorrow (well, actually today since it is past midnight). It's because they care about us!

29922 - added 8 more by comity. No Update of new results Today TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29922 - added 8 more by comity. No Update of new results Today TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darn, guess I have to pay up. And I thought there truly cared about us, not just at a professional level, but at a personal level. I may have been mistaken!

SapperPE said:
Not to fuel ya'lls rage, but I got my letter from DPOR yesterday concerning the FS results. Quite honestly, I don't know why they bothered. It was like they took the NCEES exam results notice from my NCEES and hit select all, copy, paste. With the exception of the PE and FE verbage on the NCEES result notice, the DPOR notice was the same thing except on DPOR letter head and in blue ink, not black.
But won't they add the numerical scaled score for those of us with the PE exam? Do you get a score for your FS results or does that stay pass/fail?

I sent an email to see if there was any new status or change to the email address they had sent last time.

this was the response I recieved:

Out of office - Friday Jan. 14th and Monday Jan. 17th the Agency will be closed for the State Holidays Lee Jackson and Martin Luther King Days. The Agency will open on Tuesday January 18, 2011.

looks like next week atthe earliest. Sure does get frustrating. Everybody have a good week end.

Isn't there any entity we could complain these slackers work? I think it is just ridiculous.

I sent an email to see if there was any new status or change to the email address they had sent last time.

Out of office - Friday Jan. 14th and Monday Jan. 17th the Agency will be closed for the State Holidays Lee Jackson and Martin Luther King Days. The Agency will open on Tuesday January 18, 2011.

looks like next week atthe earliest. Sure does get frustrating. Everybody have a good week end.
Wow... just wow.... Speechless...

Thank you for the info, cityeng. Time to grab a sandwich and go back to work.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Possible update by next week? :/ Ever since I found out that I passed, I've been checking the License Lookup everyday with my last name in the search box and keep coming up with same two names - my father's and my uncle's. Both of them are Mechanical PEs and it would be amazing to be able to see my name up there with theirs - like I was part of something bigger than myself.

Possible update by next week? :/ Ever since I found out that I passed, I've been checking the License Lookup everyday with my last name in the search box and keep coming up with same two names - my father's and my uncle's. Both of them are Mechanical PEs and it would be amazing to be able to see my name up there with theirs - like I was part of something bigger than myself.
Only 2 names out of 29922.. your last name must be unique! Well.. 0 is what I see when I punch my last name in.. BTW, I have no idea when those slackers do their job.. So I would say by January.

Maybe there is something to this being employed by the state thing. If I could deal with the politics and salary that I hear is less, I could enjoy the plethora of holidays. The seemingly low pressure deadlines would be a change as well. It can't be like that at all state agencies, can it?

Of course this means that even if they enter us in the system on Tuesday when they get in, we wouldn't see our names until Wednesday. It seems that every time we see the additions by reciprocity that the date we see it is one day after the date listed as the certification date.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Only 2 names out of 29922.. your last name must be unique! Well.. 0 is what I see when I punch my last name in.. BTW, I have no idea when those slackers do their job.. So I would say by January.
Zero listed?! Your last name must be very unique as well - how nice is it that you would be the first. :) We can only hope that they update before the end of the month.

Will DPOR License Look Up be updated with New Results on Wednesday? What is your thought?

I think the entire situation is frustrating. I am waiting onthe DPOR results becuase my company will re-emburse me for the exam once I have the results from DPOR, so even if the results are posted Wednesday best case, then it will bethe following week until I get the letter to send in to get my money back. If I had a project that was not finished or had a problem, I would not get the day off per say. I would be working to fix it. I sure hope they get it resolved this week.

Back