VIRGINIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man.. I'm kinda fed up and this is getting ridiculous. All they need to do is just to verify the names and license numbers and add those into the word document they have used for years, change the date and send them out in mail, or punch those in their system so our names will show up in the website. Does this simple task really take this long?

A couple of project managers in my office are also waiting for the official letter or record so that they can add me and another colleague as licensed PE in their proposal. But they are kinda holding off finalizing it because of those stupid and lazy government workers. Just wanna throw the bunch of snow balls to their face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain Hindsight says the problem probably stems from all the separate agencies involved. I can't even remember how many organizations I submitted information to...NCEES, VA DPOR, EES, PCS...it's absurd. This shit is turning me into a Republican. I've completed small water line jobs that took less effort and concentration than just APPLYING to take the exam.

I like how the other day, they were quick to send an email answer with the boiler plate 7-10 day thing. Now, no such reply, emailed them this morning, haven't heard anything. I guess I have been flagged, I will have to go create a new email account.

I like how the other day, they were quick to send an email answer with the boiler plate 7-10 day thing. Now, no such reply, emailed them this morning, haven't heard anything. I guess I have been flagged, I will have to go create a new email account.
I haven't heard anything either. They may have added whatever email addresses we used into the block list... It sounds puerile but I will probably use all email addresses I have and create some more..

I haven't heard anything either. They may have added whatever email addresses we used into the block list... It sounds puerile but I will probably use all email addresses I have and create some more..
Probably will not do any good. They are going to do it when they get ready. I would find it heard to believe that they would rush just to get us off their back.

My fellow engineers, I have copied my email response from DPOR today, I just got it a couple of minutes ago. It answers our questions.

Hello Mark,

Please except my apology for the delay. We are having some technical difficulties downloading the PE files. NCEES results are valid and official for we receive the scores from NCEES. NCEES is the owner of the national PE exam and they also process/grade the exams. However, I do understand the importance of satisfying the requirements for your employers. There is nothing that I can send you until the posting of the scores. Once the scores are posted, the licenses are automatically generated and the license lookup on the web is undated. My superiors are aware of this matter and have contacted our testing vendor PCS. PCS IS Department is working to resolve this problem immediately and will resend the new files. Hopefully we will get the files before the close of business today. I would be more than happy to confirm with your employer that your information from NCEES is valid/official and about he difficulties that we are experiencing if that would help you. I will let you know immediately when the scores have been posted.

Thank you for your patience.

EDITED by SapperPE - Let's keep names of people off of here if they didn't give you expressed permission to post their names.

Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:21 AM

To: DPOR: Examinations & Education Section (DPOR)

Subject: RE: PE exam results

DPOR Exams,

I had sent an email last week and received the response below. I as others, have professional merit, re-imbursement etc. waiting on the results from DPOR. The NCEES results do not satisfy this requirement for employers. I am sure you are busy and have been probably been asked this question more than once, however could you please provide any further details or insight when official correspondence and the license look up will be updated? I would sincerely appreciate any input you could provide.

Warm regards,

M Jones

From: DPOR: Examinations & Education Section (DPOR) [mailto:[email protected]]

Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 4:58 PM

To: Mark A. Jones

Next week the all scores will be posted to the records and the names will be posted to the DPOR website -License Lookup.

Yes, the NCEES results on the website are official.

Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 3:19 PM

Can you tell me when the names will be posted to DPOR website?

Are the NCEES results considered official or unofficial results?

hope this helps.

My fellow engineers, I have copied my email response from DPOR today, I just got it a couple of minutes ago. It answers our questions.Hello Mark,

Please except my apology for the delay. We are having some technical difficulties downloading the PE files. NCEES results are valid and official for we receive the scores from NCEES. NCEES is the owner of the national PE exam and they also process/grade the exams. However, I do understand the importance of satisfying the requirements for your employers. There is nothing that I can send you until the posting of the scores. Once the scores are posted, the licenses are automatically generated and the license lookup on the web is undated. My superiors are aware of this matter and have contacted our testing vendor PCS. PCS IS Department is working to resolve this problem immediately and will resend the new files. Hopefully we will get the files before the close of business today. I would be more than happy to confirm with your employer that your information from NCEES is valid/official and about he difficulties that we are experiencing if that would help you. I will let you know immediately when the scores have been posted.

DPOR Exams,

I had sent an email last week and received the response below. I as others, have professional merit, re-imbursement etc. waiting on the results from DPOR. The NCEES results do not satisfy this requirement for employers. I am sure you are busy and have been probably been asked this question more than once, however could you please provide any further details or insight when official correspondence and the license look up will be updated? I would sincerely appreciate any input you could provide.

Warm regards,

M Jones

Next week the all scores will be posted to the records and the names will be posted to the DPOR website -License Lookup.

hope this helps.
Thank you for the info.

They keep saying that they have some issues with the files.. I'm just wondering what kind of techinical difficulties they are dealing with. I'm sure it's nothing more than just PDF or Word files I guess. PCS uses MS Office 2010 and DPOR has no money to get the lastest and greates version of MS Office and just could not figure out how to install the converting add-on maybe?

No surprises, let's not forget we tested in the state where the DMV could not issue licenses for a period of time because of computer problems.

My fellow engineers, I have copied my email response from DPOR today, I just got it a couple of minutes ago. It answers our questions.Hello Mark,

EDITED by SapperPE - Let's keep names of people off of here if they didn't give you expressed permission to post their names.

DPOR Exams,

Warm regards,

M Jones

hope this helps.
OKay...............At least they replied you telling the problem and not 'next week' or 10 days as before. But I am pretty much sure our emails today must have agitated them.

Below is a similar reply I got from the DPOR... Let's hope for the best.

Sorry for the delay but we are having some technical difficulties downloading the PE files. Our IS department is working on it and hopefully the scores will be posted by the end of this week. Once the scores are posted, the licenses will be issued automatically and the license lookup on our website will be updated. NCEES website and notices are valid and official. The same NCEES scores will be downloaded to your DPOR record. NCEES owns and handles the scoring process of the exam. As soon as we post the scores I will let you know.

Cityeng,

Thanks for sharing what you found out today. Sure will be nice when it is all over. It seems that they keep repeating one thing over and over again, "That the NCEES results are considered official". This keeps making me wonder if I can tell clients I am a Professional Engineer as I have been trying to hold out for the DPOR update.

In other news, I sent an email to to the adress I found online ([email protected]) on the DPOR site [bOARD FOR ARCHITECTS, PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS, LAND SURVEYORS, CERTIFIED INTERIOR DESIGNERS AND LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS]. After about 7 hours, I got a respoonse from there that said 7 to 10 days. Same response as before. It looks like the person you talked to had a much better idea of what is going on.

I got response today evening from DPOR that they HOPE to accomplish this within NEXT WEEK to 10 DAYS.

Based upon yesterday's responses, today is not the day. But hoping by tomorrow (Disregarding boiler plate response of 7-10 days).

Back