VIRGINIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting on my name...
Is it just me and Sandman still waiting?
Finally, got somebody on the phone who is actually willing to help. They state that I did pass the exam and that the only issue is that stupid take home exam. I did do that as I was already warned from a friend that you must get that turned in. They are going to go look in my folder to see if they can find it. Hopefully, it was misplaced/overlooked and will be corrected today. I will do the darn thing again and fax/hand carry it to them if I have to.

Finally, got somebody on the phone who is actually willing to help. They state that I did pass the exam and that the only issue is that stupid take home exam. I did do that as I was already warned from a friend that you must get that turned in. They are going to go look in my folder to see if they can find it. Hopefully, it was misplaced/overlooked and will be corrected today. I will do the darn thing again and fax/hand carry it to them if I have to.

When did you call? I called about an hour ago (12:30 PM) and while the person seemed willing to help, she said their computer system was down. She said to call back later today.

I mentioned 2 things which may be holding up my license:

1) I moved during my eligibility period and DPOR still had my old address on file

2) My eligibility expired between the time I passed the exam and when the licenses were issued

When did you call? I called about an hour ago (12:30 PM) and while the person seemed willing to help, she said their computer system was down. She said to call back later today.

1) I moved during my eligibility period and DPOR still had my old address on file

2) My eligibility expired between the time I passed the exam and when the licenses were issued
I called at 1:10, just after lunch. I would try back and see if you could get somebody to actually look at your file.

Hey guys, I've been checking these boards for a while now and just signed up so I can join in the hate-fest. I passed the test in the fall, and received my NCEES notification via email the same time as everyone else here did. I took the PE and EIT in VA.

My name has not been added to the DPOR license lookup site, it seems some of you have the same issue.

Sandman - I'm guessing you were planning on it - but would you mind updating us with any new info? Also, is there a specific # you all are calling at DPOR? I had all intentions of waiting patiently, but it's pretty frustrating when I see that most people have their names loaded now.

Thanks.

I called at 1:10, just after lunch. I would try back and see if you could get somebody to actually look at your file.

My name wasn't up early today. I called DPOR around 11:00 and spoke to a woman, she initially told me to wait a day or so to see if my number appeared. I then ask her if they recieved my take home exam. She said they had a stack of letters to send out to people that didnt send the take home exam in. One of the letters was to be send to me. I told her that I sent my take home exam in months ago. She looked my name up and verified that they did recieve my take home exam and she updated the system. Seems to me they are still having some problems. You may want to contact them to discuss this same issue. Could just be a overlook on thier end.

any thoughts on how VA DPOR issues / comes up with an actual license number??
I was curious about that as well. I noticed that people whose license numbers came before and after mine received their licenses in 2007 which was incidentally the year that I registered for the exam. Do you think license numbers are set aside for us when we register for the exam?

I was curious about that as well. I noticed that people whose license numbers came before and after mine received their licenses in 2007 which was incidentally the year that I registered for the exam. Do you think license numbers are set aside for us when we register for the exam?
As soon as you send in the paperwork the very first time, you are assigned a file number which is essentially the number that will be used for your license number. I have a buddy who first registered to take the exam 8 years before he actually passed it. His PE number reflects that.

DPOR License look-up is updated. Looks like about 200 names or so added, but not mine. WTF. How long will it take me to get DPOR straight on this one.
Me and two of my collegues were added this morning. Finally. :th_rockon:
Written by the great and knowledgable Icculus...

Somehow I always pictured the Helping Phriendly Book as being longer than that...but what do I know?
Hampton memorial day weekend!

As soon as you send in the paperwork the very first time, you are assigned a file number which is essentially the number that will be used for your license number. I have a buddy who first registered to take the exam 8 years before he actually passed it. His PE number reflects that.
Good to know :)

huh -- thanks for the input, was def. curious!

I received my letter today. Is the score in % or number of correct out of 80?
I can't know for sure until I get my letter, but I've been told that it is the scaled score, and that if is says 70, you barely passed. I have a co-worker who brags about having 88 or something up there from his test a couple years ago.

Also, I am glad to report that I got DPOR straight and they allowed me to submit my take home exam on the regulations and statues (second time of course). The person I dealt with was actually helpful, after a basketball team of unhelpful people. It's all fixed and they put me in the system. I am in the license lookup and finally over that hurdle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't know for sure until I get my letter, but I've been told that it is the scaled score, and that if is says 70, you barely passed. I have a co-worker who brags about having 88 or something up there from his test a couple years ago.
Also, I am glad to report that I got DPOR straight and they allowed me to submit my take home exam on the regulations and statues (second time of course). The person I dealt with was actually helpful, after a basketball team of unhelpful people. It's all fixed and they put me in the system. I am in the license lookup and finally over that hurdle.
Congrats!

I just found this previous discussion about this. According to this poster 70 is a nominal score given the minimum passing score. It also claims that there are core questions that are the true test questions while there are outlying harder questions which attempt to ID knowledge levels from different schools - although I don't remember ever connecting my schooling to my name in the NCEES process.

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=6768351

If true, I am not sure how I feel knowing that my letter from VA says I got a 71.

I just found this previous discussion about this. According to this poster 70 is a nominal score given the minimum passing score. It also claims that there are core questions that are the true test questions while there are outlying harder questions which attempt to ID knowledge levels from different schools - although I don't remember ever connecting my schooling to my name in the NCEES process.

If true, I am not sure how I feel knowing that my letter from VA says I got a 71.
When I get my letter, I don't care if it says that I was the cutoff, that every other examinee that passed was better than me. Whether that score says 70 or says 95, I passed. That is all that matters! Take your 71 and be proud of it, you are now a Professional Engineer. There are plenty of people who would love to have your PASSING score.

CONRATS!

When I get my letter, I don't care if it says that I was the cutoff, that every other examinee that passed was better than me. Whether that score says 70 or says 95, I passed. That is all that matters! Take your 71 and be proud of it, you are now a Professional Engineer. There are plenty of people who would love to have your PASSING score.

CONRATS!

So it is true that we get an actual score? I wasn't aware of this. I thought the results were reported as pass/fail.

Back