Video store era over---Blockbuster closes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my wife and I went to a Building 19 last weekend to see what they had. Posted ads said they were selling things 10-30% off the marked prices (not a huge savings in my mind over their typical prices). The store was virtually picked clean. It was amazing how bare the place was. It's only been about a week since they announced their imminent closing.

Who needs Blockbuster, when you've got some video place right here in town, I don't know the name and I've never been there. OK, maybe I see your point.

Last edited by a moderator:
the last several movies we borrowed from the library have been scratched up really bad, they all had chapters we had to skip becuase it froze up.

the last several movies we borrowed from the library have been scratched up really bad, they all had chapters we had to skip becuase it froze up.

You try cleaning them? We have to do that every so often to a rental.

You try cleaning them? We have to do that every so often to a rental.
nope. we just tell minisnick the disc is broken in that spot and we have to fast forward. he doesn't get all bent out of shape.

Back