UFC 252: Miocic vs. Cormier 3

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jak_jak

Reaction score
Anyone excited for this fight? i haven't been an mma fan for long so can't fully appreciate the DC/Stipe story line, but i'm stoked to see O'Malley do his thing

Well dang thats a shame. Considering they're still seemingly going strong despite the rona, knock on wood. Man i forgot about Rozenstruik coming back too since he got Ngannou'd in May. Yeah this ought to be a good one.

I WAS SO FUCKING EXCITED YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.  Kinda sad that Cormier has has 'retired', since I think he said he only wanted to go for title fights...which is prob not going to happen after the unanimous decision.  I wish the eye poke in the third didn't happen, especially since Miocic had Cormier on the ropes in round 2 and I wonder if Cormier's second wind got deflated since, you know, he couldn't see.

I don't know about this. With all the times I've talked about the UFC, you haven't said a word. Suspicious.

Can't wait for Gaethje to beat up Khabib. I think with Justin was filling out his application for his license to fight, he was doing it on the computer and while he was typing his last name he sneezed and accidentally clicked Submit.

Who, me?  I really enjoy UFC, but hate paying for the pay per view (I am cheap).  One of my friends was an MMA fighter in NYS, who were late to the game allowing fights, so I actually use to watch a ton of fights?

As for Khabib...he'll most likely get demolished, but I will still cheer for him because he's my Russian boi.

Although I would like Gaethje to win, I don't see that happening.
All he needs to do is stop Khabib's take-downs. Easier said than done, sure, but even McGregor snubbed some take-downs in the later rounds against Khabib. Even though McGregor is a BJJ Brown Belt, his ground game isn't that good. Heck, he was only promoted to Brown Belt after he beat Poirier (A BJJ black belt). I honestly don't believe getting a new rank after winning a UFC fight says much. Even Poirier really didn't stand a chance against Khabib because he didn't have good take-down defense. Gaethje is a killer striker, so as long as they're on their feet I think he'll win. But I also believe Khabib will do everything in his power to get it to the ground. However, that does making training straight-forward for Gaethje since he can spend time training against take-downs, and doesn't need to spend much time training striking. Khabib isn't the best striker so that's a plus for Gaethje.

But I also thought Poirier was going to give Khabib a run for his money, which didn't happen. 🤷‍♂️

However, that does making training straight-forward for Gaethje since he can spend time training against take-downs, and doesn't need to spend much time training striking.
Similar to how Khabib only needs to focus on good striking defense. 

I agree with what you are saying. And hope Gaethje doesn't shy away from using his kicks.

Back