Traffic Engineer

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rbrund

I will be graduating in May 07, and hoping to pass the FE that i recently took. I am in search of firms that are looking for entry level traffic engineers. Any information is well appreciated.

There is a magazine that goes out called CE News, and every year it ranks the top 50 or so firms to work for. Get a copy of that article, and there is a lead for 50 civil firms.

Might be a start.

Of all the random mags I see in the library I don't recall that one. Humm. Guess I'll look for it.

You can look CE News up and get a free subscription...

Not sure about their top 50 thing though. It's actually the top 50 firms of the 157 that bothered to participate. On top of that, #30 on the list is a fairly local company and, rumor has it, they just let 3 PE's go (in addition to who knows how many in other positions).

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find on the ENR's list Sapper,

my firm is on the 101-150 page, and I don't know how. I'd hate to see the 150 and below. LOL.

The ENR rankings are based on revenue. Therefore thier mind set is "the bigger the better".

Lower on the ENR list just means that the company's billable revenue is less than the upper firms and has nothing to do with employee satisfaction.

CENews rates companies based on responses to surveys about the the company, its atmosphere, benefits, worker satisfaction, etc. for its "Top Firms to Work For" and limits the surveys to Civil firms. Thier sister magazine Structural Engineering does the same thing for structural firms.

As jeb said these smaller polls are limited to the actual companies that voluntarily participate in the surveys whereas the ENR listing is based on publically reported information. Both are good starting places to get a list of potential employers.

Just pointing out the differences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back