Thinking about signing up for Testmasters

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thoughts exactly. I printed it off, and am taking it home for my wife to see.

I hate to admit it, but she may make the decision on this one. I'm having a hard time justifying sending $1,600 plus gas, plus leave from work, home, etc. If I do a hotel, then even more $$$.

The class is 2 hrs one way from here.

Another Point:

If you can get hold of "A Dictionary of Environmental and Civil Engineering" by Len Webster, get it. It is out of print now. It will give you definitions in Environmental Engineering which are not in CERM. It will save you time and you can use the saved time devoting other problems. I spent a lot of time in looking for definitions because i didnt have that book. This book comes for about 60 bucks and if it saves you time for even 1 problem, i think it will be worth it.

will your company help you out with the fee at all?

I am trying to pitch getting them to pay for all of it, but I was going to offer some clause that if I left within a year that I would pay it back.

I brought the idea up about me paying for the class and then letting me charge to the company training number, but they said that it was easier accounting wise to pay for some of the class than to pay for my time off. I guess its a book keeping issue with the bean counters.

My company did not pay me for the course. But they had told me that if i passed, i would be given $1000 bonus, which i got in the next paycheck of passing the exam. So, that 1000 helped me offset my cost of classes by more than half. I would have taken the class even without that incentive because atleast i studied in those hours.

Congrats... so I guess no more excuses... now I wanna see a passing score sometime in december... :tone:

biggest kicker is going to be managing schedules with the old lady, the classed burn through 5 working days and 4 weekend days(wife usually works every other saturday) hopefully thos good for nothing grandparents can keep the rug rats a few days.....

does anyone who has taken it know if the "workshops" for each session are mainly for the PM section of the exam? or do you have to sit through all of them regardless?

Workshops are mainly for the PM section. Even the theory sessions are jsut PM oriented. I remember they let us leave early for both Struct. and Geo. sessions (PM was WR)

Nice job Road Guy I think you won't be disappointed. The money is worth every penny when you get that passing letter. The only workshop that they said we could skip was the structures PM. I attended all of them except that one and they're all worth attending.

they have the classes set up as 10:00 to 6:00 PM.

this is probably a dumb question, but are the workshops generally in the evening after the day class?

well testmasters starts tommorrow morning, will be out of touch for a few weeks, good luck to all taking the exam!

Back