~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I truly hope they are wrong...
Tuesday overnight 1-3 inches snow and ice
Wednesday day 3-5 inches snow
Wednesday overnight 5-8 inches snow
Thursday day 3-5 inches snow

so 12-21 inches of ice and snow in the forecast

Pretty nice out today, actually. Sunny and high 50's. Of course, rain Friday and freezing rain on Sunday, when I actually need to get **** done outside.

So supposedly Indiana is getting hit by snow? I'm worried it's going to be way worse than they are predicting, or we're going to get nothing. The fact that last Friday they said we were going to get a dusting and then we got around 2" of snow that stuck...isn't making me confident in the forecasters.

I'm going to bring my laptop home with me. The city didn't plow my street for 2 days last time there was bad snow and driving in a Corolla on mostly unplowed streets...was a little too white-knuckled for me.

So supposedly Indiana is getting hit by snow? I'm worried it's going to be way worse than they are predicting, or we're going to get nothing. The fact that last Friday they said we were going to get a dusting and then we got around 2" of snow that stuck...isn't making me confident in the forecasters.
Yeah, I'm hoping the weather guessers are over-predicting this storm like they under-predicted the one last Friday. That was a mess, mostly because nobody knew it was coming.

Yeah, that unpredicted snow last week turned out to be about 4" here, out of nowhere. They were saying 19" here the next couple days but they've dropped it down to 11". Hoping the new forecast is more accurate. 11" is fine to deal with but 19" isn't as much. I got my plow stuck last time we had 17".

Well, that groundhog saw his shadow today.

Thank god he's only right 40% of the time.

This week is gonna be a mess here in western PA. Tonight is all rain, tomorrow is all ice, Friday is all snow. Perhaps only 2"-4" where I am, but still, the combination of all of this is gonna make things interesting.

On a semi-related note, ice and sleet and snow are heavy! And I'm actually afraid of what other bridges may fail here under the weight of a few inches of snow and a 20-ton bus.

We had severe weather yesterday. A tornado touched down west of where we live. But that's Alabama for you. The cold front has passed through and it's still only down to 37 at 8:30 currently.

This sucks. We had sleet all day yesterday…like, legit all day. It started in the morning when I got up ~7 and was still at it until at least 9pm when I walked up to one of the neighbor’s. The wife was on a 24hr shift at the fire department the day before and ended up staying for a 2nd so she wouldn’t be driving home in the middle of it and cause the weather was going to have them short of people.

Since she was going to be coming home this morning I tried to clear the end of the driveway/street so she could get in the driveway. There was an easy 2-3in of ice. I had to use the spade to break it up and then the snow shovel to move it. Now we’re getting snow and it’s coming down pretty hard and steady.

Shitty and raining. Mrs. Supe picked a bad weekend to clean the carpets given that we have three large dogs and a mud pit in the back yard.

Back