~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
about 3 inches of snow yesterday after several hours of rain in the morning.  Feels like temps in the negative today.  They closed both school and daycare today so I am home again.  Glad yesterday was a holiday or else I would have had to take it off too, or at least only work until noon to get home on time.  it was taking people 2.5 hrs to get home yesterday.
Up here it was all snow, about 9" at my house.  I had the day off, but my wife didn't so I ended up driving her Georgia ass to/from work.

60 degrees and sunny here in the CO mountains. This late fall weather is giving me a chance to get the leaves up. It was -1 on Halloween in the morning.

Tractor dude is back!

e35cb034cb00cdb9c291d714c92fb213.jpg

Snow landed up here. Only got 4-5 inches.

I bought a new 2 stage snow blower so this was a pretty good test of my new toy.

Potentially historic ice storm on its way.  But we seem to have the threat of one or two of those every year and they often fizzle out.

I'm on call for storm work, so here goes.... hoping it turns into just rain.

Me this morning: "Oh ok. It feels warmer today. Cool"

20 degrees.

What is the midwest doing to me :((((((((((

To me it seems to be more about wind than air temperature, once you get below a certain temperature.  I'd much rather have 0 degrees with no wind than 30 degrees with 20 mph winds.

To me it seems to be more about wind than air temperature, once you get below a certain temperature.  I'd much rather have 0 degrees with no wind than 30 degrees with 20 mph winds.
same.

i've run in -15F with no wind, i was fine. i tried to run in 10F with 20mph winds, NOPE. 

But even finding this weather ~warmer~ is an improvement.  My mom was talking about the "cold front" they're getting in Texas (dropping in the 50s), so that's the "cold" I was used to.

But even finding this weather ~warmer~ is an improvement.  My mom was talking about the "cold front" they're getting in Texas (dropping in the 50s), so that's the "cold" I was used to.

We've had a very mild winter so far.  It hasn't really gotten cold yet.

It's just now started dipping into the 20's at night and 40's during the day.

Latest posts

Back