~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got below freezing here this morning!  Back gate was frozen shut.  Had to dump some hot water on it to beat the garbage man to the curb with the cans.

These dudes are lost
bd75578d4d07c1e166527c4ea2d6dc38.jpg

Got below freezing here this morning!  Back gate was frozen shut.  Had to dump some hot water on it to beat the garbage man to the curb with the cans.

At noon it was -10 here, with a wind chill of -36.  Garbage pickup has been cancelled and they're not delivering mail either.

Geeze, ya'll are just enjoying a "Tuesday" from interior AK.  Delta Junction / Tok area was -35F standing and -65F with wind chills a few weeks back, school was still in session and it was business as usual.

Having the right gear and you're fine for the colder weather.

Geeze, ya'll are just enjoying a "Tuesday" from interior AK.  Delta Junction / Tok area was -35F standing and -65F with wind chills a few weeks back, school was still in session and it was business as usual.

Having the right gear and you're fine for the colder weather.
Glad you enjoy it.  I'll stick to Boston where we complain when it gets much below 20F

Well, school is cancelled tomorrow as well.

My wife picked a good time to be on a business trip.

I'm thankful my jacket can be unzipped and removed.  It's going to be 64 F today.  It's currently 51 F and bearable in short sleeves. BRRRRR

According to my car outside temp was -3F on the way to work this morning.  The local news weather babe had wind chills in the -teens.  Luckily this is supposed to pass in a day or two and go back to the seasonal 20s-30s

MINUS 27.3 degrees F this morning. Same as some of the other areas in the region, a lot of non-essential services/businesses have been just cancelled out-right. Been quite a while since I've seen such frigid temperatures. Crazy!

At noon it was -10 here, with a wind chill of -36.  Garbage pickup has been cancelled and they're not delivering mail either.
Same. We had some wind chills dipping below -50. -6 right now which was close to the HIGH today. Supposedly "warming" up later this weekend. :dunno:  And it really needs to. Baby KFox #2 is due any day now. Not the best weather to have a newborn exposed to. <smh>

@knight1fox3 Keep an eye on the barometric pressure.  There is a link between pressure changes and increased birth rates (which is why so many babies are born during bad weather).

For those of you not already in the mid-west, you might have seen this image on the news with the recent frigid temperatures this week. If you did, that's the Rockwell Automation (Allen-Bradley) building I work at downtown. 

IMG_3495 (800x600).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
although usually a few days in the 50's this time of year means were going to have another snow day, single digit temps, followed by some sunny 50 days, then snow, etc. until May...

Had all of the windows open and fans running while wearing T-shirts and shorts for the last several days. 

Simply

having

a

wonderful summertime.

Howling wind tonight in eastern MA. 

Mt Washington hit gusts up to 171 mph.  That happens once every decade up there. 

We got our first real snowstorm in recent memory overnight last night.  We had 12 in. of wet snow on the ground this morning by 8:00.  I live on a cul-de-sac and the city plow didn't come up our street until ~9:00.  I cleaned out the driveway and the cars.  Wife went to work ~10.  I took a shower, worked a little, had lunch and got to my office ~1:00.  I hope that's the last of it for this year.

Back