~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have spent two days in bed now nearly because I am sick... now that I am eating applesauce I watch the weather to find out we are supposed to get a foot of snow topped with ice on Thursday

My paycheck is is goibg to be nonexistent...
No paid sick time? :huh:
No I have no benefits at all...
stop it. You do too. You're smart, funny, a true friend to animals, you quit smoking,...the list goes on. :D

We've had 15' of snow since January 1st. The skiing has been amazing, but it might be getting to be time to shovel the roof.

Might need to get that done before we leave for Ft. Meyers next week. Will miss the great skiing, but it'll be nice to not have to shovel for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've had 15' of snow since January 1st. The skiing has been amazing, but it might be getting to be time to shovel the roof.

Might need to get that done before we leave for Ft. Meyers next week. Will miss the great skiing, but it'll be nice to not have to shovel for a bit.
Fifteen feet, huh?

Fifteen feet, huh?
Looking at the snow reports for Vail and Copper, 15 feet doesn't sound so outlandish...

^Doesn't sound unreasonable. Keweenaw County, MI has had about 19 feet of snow so far this season, though only 6 feet since Jan 1. Usually those mountain towns are well ahead of Michigan for snowfall.

We've got a few inches and I am wishing for Spring! So tired of this wet, cold, windy, crappy weather!

10-14" beginning after midnight tonight. Currently it's 4 degrees out. Gotta say it's pretty damn cold in this house even with the heat going.

We got about 0.5-1" yesterday, but nothing stuck to the roads because it was above freezing out. Today the big storm is supposed to move in and we're supposed to get between 4-8". Today it will probably stick to everything because it is staying around 26 out all day. I'm at work now but will be leaving once the snow starts coming down.

they're saying it's going to start here about 6AM tomorrow and we get 4-6in. then the warmer air. So we either get a bunch of rain or the snow piles up. Rain would really suck as it will just make a sloppy mess and the really cold temps recently (and the resulting frozen ground) will not allow the soil to absorb the runoff.

Anticipating a complete mess.

The radio announcer yesterday evening said everyone in the East is bracing for "Snow-mageddon". In Wisconsin, we call it Wednesday. LOL

Seriously though, everyone stay safe :thumbs: . Don't take unnecessary risks to get to work. It's just a job.

Last edited by a moderator:
The weather channel this am showed the two storms merging and I imagine its going to be nasty, looks like a rainstorm moving in from tghe gulf merging with the snow storm coming from the NE.. I guess those two combined are probably not a good thing...

The weather channel this am showed the two storms merging
Could it be?! :blink:

perfect_storm_ver2.jpg

SNOWMAGEDON 2 has mostly just been a lot of sleet and ice for Atlanta so far. Not much fun stuff to report. Snow is supposed to start up tonight, but until them I'm just watching ice coat everything and hoping that the power doesn't go out. :(

"for the first time this century..." You've got to love the news hyperbole.

"Some 94.7 percent of Lake Superior froze over in 1979, effectively a complete icing. Professor Jay Austin, also of the University of Minnesota's Large Lakes Observatory, said he expects ice coverage to exceed the 20-year-record of 91 percent on the 31,700-square-mile lake before spring."

Ok. It's the coldest it's been in 20-35 years but (as an older guy) that's not extraordinary and FWIW, I didn't like the cold then either.

Latest posts

Back