~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no delay for us (even though were also -8 this am) What really irks me is the lazy fucking school peeps wont budge on opening the doors a few minutes early for the kids when it is that cold out.. there are no busses for our school and its cool I dont mind them walking but i think they should make a litle more accomodations when you have elementary school kids trying to get to school when its -8. Mine had to turn in a project this morning so i drove him so he didnt drop it and break it and of course they wont open the school till excactly 7:30 and there are little 2nd graders outside shivering..but most parents drove their kids today which also makes traffic around the school terrible when they are all waitiong on them to open up..... It hasnt been this cold that many days and I dont understand why the educators cant work out a system to let them get a little warmth on these cold days..

the middle school has a big foyer and they let the kids in there early but its at least heated...

A whopping 0 degrees today. And I believe that is the "high". LOL

We (along with Kevo) should do an upper midwestern meet-up in an ice hotel and compare frostbite blisters over hot chocolate.

It's 2 here today, but the 'feels like' is -23. The cold here is bad enough, but the wind is the worst. Vermont was similarly cold, but if it was calm you could at least build up some warmth under your coat. Here the wind just strips it.

In the summer, it was a gentle, refreshing breeze carrying the smells of flowers and fresh cut grass and the sound of children laughing. Now it's this soul sucking, turbo powered fart of Arctic chill from the deepest recesses of the North Pole.

as cold and miserable as it has been this winter I truly welcome it with open arms. As an allergy sufferer we haven't had a real winter in years to kill off a lot things. Its been cold enough long enough to do the job normal winters should have done for years.

The problem with it being that cold, is that it takes our already low humidity and makes it lower. Low humidity = more effected by dust & pet allergies. On top of that, the inside of my nose gets dried out and I develop frequent nose bleeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
this should help you with the nose bleeds Dex

nose2.jpg

The problem with it being that cold, is that it takes our already low humidity and makes it lower. Low humidity = more effected by dust & pet allergies. On top of that, the inside of my nose gets dried out and I develop frequent nose bleeds.

I broke my nose recently and the dry air didn't help. I went over to urgent care to get it cauterized (and make sure I was not concussed) and it still opened up everyday for a while.

is it enough to make you want to relocate again when the job hunts starts up again?

The hunt is on, there is a position here in town that I am very qualified for I am hoping I get. All the bigger Midwestern chains have or are opening offices here and are looking. It is flat out booming here - you drive past someplace you haven't been by in a while, and it's like, Hey - when did they build that strip mall/apartment complex/office park?

Despite the winters here, I like it here. Everything I need within a 15 minute drive and nice people.

is it enough to make you want to relocate again when the job hunts starts up again?

The hunt is on, there is a position here in town that I am very qualified for I am hoping I get. All the bigger Midwestern chains have or are opening offices here and are looking. It is flat out booming here - you drive past someplace you haven't been by in a while, and it's like, Hey - when did they build that strip mall/apartment complex/office park?

Despite the winters here, I like it here. Everything I need within a 15 minute drive and nice people.

Its that upper mid-west hospitality...

enjoy any good "hot-dish" yet?

what are all those people going to do that are living off the oil and gas boom when Hitlary gets elected and 86's all that?

Its that upper mid-west hospitality...

enjoy any good "hot-dish" yet?

No, but I've had plenty of bad and mediocre ones.

I'm putting mother nature on notice. This winter BS and below average temperatures need to end. Like now! If not, I may end going postal on everyone in my house.

It was in the 60s yesterday and they are calling for a winter storm starting tomorrow with the possibility of 4-6 inches of snow. If we don't get the snow, we're going to get freezing rain, so I prefer the snow if I have to choose. But damn I'd like spring to hurry the f' up!

Latest posts

Back